Forums

account email

Quick find code: 408-409-272-66290227

Mysteryyy

Mysteryyy

Posts: 3 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi guys,

i am trying to import my character to the new jagex launcher but don't have access to the email account i used wheen creating this account, which is where its saying emails are going. I dont want to send password resets, encase it's compromised. However, notifications, etc go to the correct email adress. Can anyone please help. otherwise i won't be able to use my runescape account which has years of progress.

Thanks

11-Nov-2023 19:03:07

Malua
May Member 2006

Malua

Posts: 43,113 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi there
Mysteryyy

Jagex only records one email as the registered email for an account. They would not be sending emails/notifications to two emails. Maybe the notifications relate to a different account?

If you don't control the registered email for an account it means you don't have full management control of the account. You need to have full management control to be able to upgrade the account to a Jagex Account.

If you suspect the old registered email is compromised and you don't want to have to use it, the only alternative is to do a 'recovery' on the account and force a change of registered email.
I am going to say that, during the process, you won't be able to stop an email going out to the old registered email. That email is automated and you can't stop it from being sent. You just have to press forward with the recovery, succeed and get the email changed - then it won't matter about the old email.

To start a recovery, go to the Change registered email support page and follow the instructions under 'If you don't have access to the registered email'.
Forum Community Helper -
Information about Moderators and Community Helpers

11-Nov-2023 21:54:29

Malua
May Member 2006

Malua

Posts: 43,113 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mysteryyy said :
Hi, where do i put in the email i want it changed to?
Malua said :
To start a recovery, go to the Change registered email support page and follow the instructions under 'If you don't have access to the registered email'.
1. use the 'Recover Account' button
2. enter your login and press 'Recover'
3. click on the 'contact Jagex Support' hyperlink and you will be taken to a recovery form
4. enter the new email you want registered in the top box then retype that email in the second box and fill out the rest of the form.

If you succeed at recovery, your new email will become the contact email where all Jagex emails will go to e.g. password resets. Also, you will be asked to set a new password.
Forum Community Helper -
Information about Moderators and Community Helpers

12-Nov-2023 02:45:52

Quick find code: 408-409-272-66290227 Back to Top