Forums

RESET ACCOUNT

Quick find code: 408-409-247-66282865

Yanarht
Jul Member 2012

Yanarht

Posts: 278 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I know with Windows I can reset my computer to what it looked like a few days earlier. This helps if problems occur.

Wouldn't it be possible for Jagex to reset a long-standing account, in good standing, to what it looked like prior to a confirmed "HACK" date? I would certainly be willing to pay for such a service.

30-Jun-2023 20:20:55

2_Tron

2_Tron

Posts: 23,025 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yanarht said :
I know with Windows I can reset my computer to what it looked like a few days earlier. This helps if problems occur.

Wouldn't it be possible for Jagex to reset a long-standing account, in good standing, to what it looked like prior to a confirmed "HACK" date? I would certainly be willing to pay for such a service.
This is not possible, Jagex/JMods do not reset accounts erasing said accounts history.
All accounts history are there for Jagex/JMods for future projects or investigations that still are ongoing. Remember, all accounts are still '
Jagex's Digital Property
'.

30-Jun-2023 21:42:47

Malua
May Member 2006

Malua

Posts: 43,113 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The common reset is a stat reset. This affects skills exp but it doesn't change items or gp.

If you are talking about returning an account to its pre-hijack state, I assume you would want a "time" reset so that all items, gp etc. are returned to the account so there is no loss of wealth.

The time reset is not offered.
It isn't offered because it isn't technically possible to time reset an individual account.

It is technically possible to do a time reset on a server but that means that ALL accounts logged in through that server would get the time reset.

The ideal situation is to have your security set up so that a hijack never occurs.
If a hijack does occur, your only option is to accept the state your account is in and move forward again from that point.
Support article: Security tips
Forum Community Helper -
Information about Moderators and Community Helpers

30-Jun-2023 23:18:24

Yanarht
Jul Member 2012

Yanarht

Posts: 278 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Thank you all for your responses. I can understand the "server" reset, and it makes sense. Yes, I was talking about resetting to a pre "hijack" condition. I don't like it but I have accepted it and am moving on.

I greatly love the game and will bravely pull myself up by my bootstraps and get back in the game. Fortunately, for me, hijackers are not able to affect levels or levels of garments so I still have all that available to me.

Thanks again to all for the responses.

01-Jul-2023 19:48:57

Quick find code: 408-409-247-66282865 Back to Top