Forums

My RS Problem

Quick find code: 408-409-227-66277930

RSGerjaffers
Jan Member 2024

RSGerjaffers

Posts: 266 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hello,
I have this account and I know the email but the problem is I cannot access the email. I do not remember the password and email phone number I do not have. Is there any way Jagex can change the email or help me out? It is an email from a very long time ago and I don't think I can have access to it again. I already tried recovering it but I don't think it will work because I cannot remember any emails sent on the account or subject or contacts recently contacted.
So Any Help?
This is for my Runescape account I am making this post on.
OQ100

07-Apr-2023 14:46:37

Mrs Ana

Mrs Ana

Posts: 9,010 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi, Gerjaffers21.

Are you referring to the login email address or the registered email address on the account? See: Login email and registered email . If it's the login email address, it cannot be changed. If it's the registered email address, it can be changed but since you no longer have access to it, the only way to change it is through an account recovery request.

Head to the Change registered email Support page. Scroll down to click on the blue "Recover Account" button. See the screenshot below:

You'll then be presented with the form below. Enter your username (accounts created before November 2010) or your login email address (accounts created after November 2010):

An email is sent after this. Since you don't have access to the registered email address in question, you ought to click on the yellow "
contact Jagex support
" link, as shown below:

Finally, you'll get to the webform below. You'll have to enter information that proves to Jagex that you actually own the account. At the very beginning, you are asked for an email. This email address will become your registered email address and that's where the response(s) will be sent from now on. If you are successful, the old, inaccessible registered email address on the account will be automatically changed to the NEW email address that you select at the top of the webform, as evidenced below:

It's recommended to utilize a Google Mail account as they have shown the least amount of headaches for players among the email service providers out there.

07-Apr-2023 15:20:27

RSGerjaffers
Jan Member 2024

RSGerjaffers

Posts: 266 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Okay, thanks, I have sent a recovery but it got denied I really need the email changed and I am the owner of the email and this account I mean could anything be done from their side even if I do not want to submit appeals because I am the owner of the account also I have an authenticator on the account which I don't want to really lose. OQ100

09-Apr-2023 21:23:40

Malua
May Member 2006

Malua

Posts: 43,113 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi there
RSGerjaffers

The only way to force-set a new registered email is to submit a successful account recovery.
Jagex need to see proof that YOU are the true creator of the account before they will make a change as important as changing the registered email.

As you have game access, login and talk to Hans in Lumbridge. Hans will tell you exactly how old your account is and you can calculate the month/year of creation for the recovery form.

If you have been denied, try again. Always check the reasons for the deny and try to improve the information on your next attempt.
Have a read of the tips on the Account recovery denied support page.
Forum Community Helper -
Information about Moderators and Community Helpers

09-Apr-2023 23:54:03

Quick find code: 408-409-227-66277930 Back to Top