Forums

Account keeps being stolen

Quick find code: 408-409-217-66286145

Fletch

Fletch

Posts: 5 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi, my account keeps being stolen by name sellers and I don't understand how jagex keep giving the account to them. The last time it happened the person who stole it returned the account to me so i locked it down with jagex launcher assuming it would be safe only to find an email saying the character was imported away from my account to another one. I'm sure Jagex can see that the account belongs to me as i've been playing on it from the same general area for the last 10+ years. Is there anything I can do to stop this happening and get my account back before they again try to remove my bank pin and wipe it

30-Aug-2023 12:25:25

Malua
May Member 2006

Malua

Posts: 43,113 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi there
Fletch

The Launcher won't secure your account any extra to the usual. Upgrading into a Jagex Account will.
Because, when the account is upgraded into a Jagex Account, you get to set a new login.
It's clear your old login is compromised so setting a new login is a very good idea and being a Jagex Account will make it unrecoverable by a hijacker.

If a hijacker has stolen your account and upgraded it into their own Jagex Account, you will need assistance to recover it.
Are you still able to login to the account?
Forum Community Helper -
Information about Moderators and Community Helpers

30-Aug-2023 13:00:54

Fletch

Fletch

Thats the issue i already upgraded it to a jagex account. i imported the character and everything was fine and then a few days later i get an email saying someone else imported my character to their jagex account

30-Aug-2023 17:34:01

Malua
May Member 2006

Malua

Posts: 43,113 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
If you have already upgraded the account into a Jagex Account, it isn't possible that it can be also upgraded by another player and taken away from you.
If you are still able to log into it via your Jagex Account login credentials then the account is still in your control.

I suspect the email you received is a phishing email. Did it contain a "click here to cancel" button?
Jagex support article about Phishing
Forum Community Helper -
Information about Moderators and Community Helpers

31-Aug-2023 01:52:13

Fletch

Fletch

No it wasn't a phishing email the account was stolen from my jagex account by someone else seems like jagex manually gave it to the person who tried to recover it i'm currently trying to make a recovery ticket but i'm unable to because it keeps throwing up the following error

https://i.imgur.com/yxkq0Vj.png

31-Aug-2023 20:29:33

Quick find code: 408-409-217-66286145 Back to Top