Forums

ATTENTION JAGEX

Quick find code: 408-409-204-66277039

Id Hit That
Jan Member 2024

Id Hit That

Posts: 1,062 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
So I fell for a plugin lure. Save your comments to yourself, yes I know I am an idiot (I havent played in a long time). This resulted in losing 4b.

I reinstalled windows, changed all my passwords. My cousin lends me 800m to rebuild. I start raiding, attempt to world hop. Get logged out. Too many access attempts. I again change password, recover locked account. and log in AGAIN TO BEING CLEANED. I'm fucking done. I cant play this game if i'm just gonna get cleaned daily. But for the LOVE OF FUCKING GOD, can someone from Jagex at least look and see who all my shit is being traded to and FUCKING BAN THEM!

22-Mar-2023 18:14:13

Mrs Ana

Mrs Ana

Posts: 9,010 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
When you say you re-installed Windows, did you completely formatted the hard disk or you just simply re-installed it? It'd be ideal to run an anti-virus/anti-malware scan on your computer to ensure that there isn't anything hidden. By the sound of it, they still somehow have access to your account, either through a Remote Access Trojan (RAT) and/or through a linked account. Linked accounts allow users to bypass the Authenticator and password.

You should follow the tips and instructions here: Security tips .

If you want to see if they are any linked accounts that were not added by you, please follow the steps below and appropriately remove them if they are not recognized:

1. Go to the yellow/orange "
My Account
" or "Account" link at the top right corner of your computer screen:

2. Once there, head to "Linked Accounts" and click on it:

3. You will be presented with the image below. If you don't recognize any of the linked accounts, remove them. If you do, ensure that they are completely secured by following the instructions on the Security tips Support page for Google's 2-Step Verification; Apple's two-factor authentication; or Steam Guard:

4. Since I don't have any linked accounts with Facebook, Apple or Google, I'm not presented with the "Unlink" button (I can only see the "Link" button to add them); however, to check for either Amazon or Steam, you'd have to click on "Manage Amazon" or "Manage Steam" to see if there are any linked accounts.

22-Mar-2023 18:21:36

Id Hit That
Jan Member 2024

Id Hit That

Posts: 1,062 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It appears it was linked to a steam account. (I do not have a steam account). So I guess thats how they accessed the account again. I really hope jagex at least follows the money and bans them. I cant start playing again in fear of losing everything at any time.

22-Mar-2023 18:34:51

Mrs Ana

Mrs Ana

Posts: 9,010 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
I cant start playing again in fear of losing everything at any time.
If you follow all the tips and instructions enumerated in the Security tips Support article AND employ a safe Internet-browsing routine (i.e., don't fall for a lure; don't click on suspicious links; don't visit dodgy websites; etc.), you will definitely be fine.

22-Mar-2023 18:37:58

Quick find code: 408-409-204-66277039 Back to Top