Forums

Can't use username anymore?

Quick find code: 408-409-187-66289119

ELITE STACK
Mar Member 2024

ELITE STACK

Posts: 8,100 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I tried using my account username like 30 minutes ago And now it says I need to use Jagex account but I never upgraded to a Jagex account and it shows on login screen you can still log in with usernames. I have no problem logging in with username on this forum. I also logged into alt with no problem but used Email so is it email only for logging into game now?

22-Oct-2023 00:31:12

ELITE STACK
Mar Member 2024

ELITE STACK

Btw I did not get hacked It just said upgrade to Jagex acc so If I got hacked it would say invalid and I didn't get the invalid pass or w/e thing that would show up it just said I needed to upgrade to a jagex account I think im ok now. I want to keep this thread up just in case.

22-Oct-2023 01:01:29 - Last edited on 22-Oct-2023 01:02:01 by ELITE STACK

ELITE STACK
Mar Member 2024

ELITE STACK

I have a contact email that I havent used in ages And I got sent something to that Email it said when trying to get An email for logging into runescape So how can I Change the contact email address to get an Email to log into runescape?

22-Oct-2023 01:23:06

Malua
May Member 2006

Malua

Posts: 43,113 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi there
ELITE STACK

The only way to set a different login is by upgrading your character to a Jagex Account.
If you don't upgrade to a Jagex Account, you will have to keep using the original login you set when you created the account.

Changing the contact email address does that only - it changes the contact email. It doesn't change the login.

Information article about: Upgrade your RuneScape character to Jagex account
Forum Community Helper -
Information about Moderators and Community Helpers

22-Oct-2023 01:48:28

ELITE STACK
Mar Member 2024

ELITE STACK

Well this is annoying it says too many login attempts again And I never even touched the Jagex client or Jagex accounts. This happened after I lagged out and probably died at arch glacor. Don't force us into Jagex accounts like this especially ppl who never touched launcher or jag accounts. This problem occurred around 10 minutes ago. This should not be happening if username logins are still allowed. Edit: I think if you lag during an encounter and happen to die you have to wait a certain amount of time between login attempts.

31-Oct-2023 01:53:36 - Last edited on 31-Oct-2023 02:18:08 by ELITE STACK

Applejuiceaj
Nov
fmod Member

Applejuiceaj

Forum Moderator Posts: 45,000 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
ELITE STACK said :
Well this is annoying it says too many login attempts again And I never even touched the Jagex client or Jagex accounts. This happened after I lagged out and probably died at arch glacor. Don't force us into Jagex accounts like this especially ppl who never touched launcher or jag accounts. This problem occurred around 10 minutes ago. This should not be happening if username logins are still allowed. Edit: I think if you lag during an encounter and happen to die you have to wait a certain amount of time between login attempts.

Too many login attempts is completely unrelated to Jagex Accounts or the Jagex Launcher (though, the use of the Jagex Launcher does get around that issue because it uses an alternative method to log into the game vs the standard login screen in the game client - hence why the game recommends that you try the Jagex Launcher if you find yourself in that state).

Jagex has this page on their support centre for that: Too many login attempts from your address

Jagex Accounts are not mandatory as of now - however, they will eventually be required to play. We don't know when that cutoff will be. The only cutoff that has been announced is if you attempt to log into the Jagex Launcher after November 7th, you will have to use a Jagex Account to do so.

31-Oct-2023 02:25:59 - Last edited on 31-Oct-2023 02:27:59 by Applejuiceaj

Quick find code: 408-409-187-66289119 Back to Top