Forums

Account hacked. Items gone

Quick find code: 408-409-167-66293283

Stenchyyyy

Stenchyyyy

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I’ll make this quick and short. I just booted up osrs after taking a 10 month break since my daughter was born. Long story short, I log on, all my items are gone. Slayer helmet dismantled. I thought I had a bank pin but apparently I don’t anymore. Same with authentication. Is there anything to be done or I just lose out on my cash stack and all my items? Can’t they check to see where my items went or who they were traded too? Otherwise I’m just never playing again. There’s no sense. Stench

17-Jan-2024 00:24:15

Malua
May Member 2006

Malua

Posts: 43,113 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi there
Stenchyyyy

So, you had an Authenticator on the account but it was removed?
This means your email is insecure - your hijacker has used access to your email to get access to your RuneScape account.

Change the password to your email right away.
Protect it with 2-step verification.

While Jagex can check and track the unauthorised access to your account, they cannot check what happened to your items or gp if it happened more than 60 days ago. Nor will they replace anything if you lost it from the OSRS game.

The full security review instructions are here: Security instructions to work through
Forum Community Helper -
Information about Moderators and Community Helpers

17-Jan-2024 04:19:40

Diddle_Bean
Dec Member 2023

Diddle_Bean

Posts: 5 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Well a member account with a blue star got me with the giving stuff away trick. Said to go to this YouTube video login to the RuneScape forum and comment and I’ll receive 100 mil. Well me being dumb i did it and now my account is gone with everything. The person refuses to log out and keeps commenting to give him the pin on the YouTube account which is kuz880. I tired to get my account back but I’m sure everything is gone sadly. It was a fun game while it lasted.

24-Jan-2024 07:28:15

Malua
May Member 2006

Malua

Posts: 43,113 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi there
Diddle_Bean

If you refused to tell the hijacker your Bank PIN, you did well.

Now you need to do a security review.
In particular, check the 'Linked Accounts' tab and unlink any accounts you see linked. Click on 'Manage Steam' to check for a linked Steam account.
The hijacker may have set up a linked account then logged out, hoping to get back door access to your account.

Work through the instructions on the Security tips support page to thoroughly review your security.
Forum Community Helper -
Information about Moderators and Community Helpers

24-Jan-2024 10:06:35

2_Tron

2_Tron

Posts: 23,025 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
Well it looks like i got it back. The person finally logged out and all that was taken was a luck of dwarves ring.. all this has been so scary idk what to do
Please do upgrade your '
RuneScape character
' to a '
Jagex Account
' to benefit maximum security to your account.

Upgrade your RuneScape character to Jagex Account ... <- (link) at '
Jagex's Support Centre
' for detailed information about to proceed this change.

24-Jan-2024 10:08:32

Quick find code: 408-409-167-66293283 Back to Top