Forums

Hacked by indirect steam acces

Quick find code: 408-409-149-66285360

Swiss Master

Swiss Master

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi,

So my account has been hacked since the last 6 months (?) It has been a longer time since I logged in.

Somehow someone got acces to my osrs account by linking it to their steam and bypassing all multiple factor safety measures. I have never received an email or anything regarding this "linking". I've only noticed this on the second time of loggin in and being hijacked once again, how can someone just bypass everything, that was perviously set and I just recently updated "just in case" I thought to my self.

This is a major flaw in security...!

The bank pin was deleted, all the items stolen/transferred. The account has been used for botting in the Gauntlet. I assume this because I found it in the gauntlet and a quick look at the highscores confirmed this, an unsual boss kill count (6k+-) It apparently has received a ban in july '23 for this offence. Which I have applied for but not correctly, as I wasn't aware that the account was hijacked.

Is there any way to recover/roll back the account?

Security wise, I've changed everything, untill I noticed that my bank was cleaned once again after loggin in which I coulden't believe. Now I went to see that it was linked to a steam account, I've unliked it now but since this happend without notice it can happen again.

I would recommend jagex looking into this before it will go out of hand. I've read an official post: "CONCERNS REGARDING CHARACTER LINKING" -14 August 2023-, that linking with steam and amazon has been turned off for now, is it potaining to this issue without saying it directly, perhaps?

It is rather saddening to have spent so much time and effort for it just to be casually cleaned and it to be used for botting and RWT.

17-Aug-2023 01:48:06

Wassep
Jul Member 2022

Wassep

Posts: 411 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hello,

I am really sorry that happened to you. It's good that you've unlinked the steam account ASAP, please ensure all your passwords are secure as well. Unfortunately there is no recovery for hijacked accounts. They strictly state this in the lost items FAQ. I hope you are able to rebuild and it is indeed sad that happened, again sorry!
Here to help <3
Still confused?Heres some great resources:
Runescape Support | Game Suggestions

17-Aug-2023 04:54:20

EshayDemon28

EshayDemon28

Posts: 5 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.

I would recommend jagex looking into this before it will go out of hand. I've read an official post: "CONCERNS REGARDING CHARACTER LINKING" -14 August 2023-, that linking with steam and amazon has been turned off for now, is it potaining to this issue without saying it directly, perhaps?

They obviously haven't because this also happened to me 2 days ago. I've unlinked steam now but damage is done.

24-Aug-2023 16:14:08 - Last edited on 24-Aug-2023 16:14:25 by EshayDemon28

Quick find code: 408-409-149-66285360 Back to Top