Forums

Email issues

Quick find code: 408-409-147-66275159

Coincidencez
Dec Member 2023

Coincidencez

Posts: 25 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
How can I change my email address linked to my account? I have one account nearly 20 years old and a 10+ year old account. They have over 10,000+ hours of in game time combined. I have been unable to log in to the email addresses linked to the accounts for several years. Authenticator is on both accounts and I have access to all my other accounts I created from years ago. It is like a big batch of accounts I can provide information of to prove I am me.

21-Feb-2023 21:18:30

Mrs Ana

Mrs Ana

Posts: 9,010 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hey, Coincidencez.

If you have access to the current registered email address on the account, then it's as simple as going to the Change registered email Support article and clicking on the "CHANGE EMAIL" link. If you do NOT have access to the current registered email address on the account, then you MUST commence an account recovery request to prove to Jagex that you own the account in question.

At the beginning of the account recovery request, you are asked for an email address. This is the email address that will be set as the registered email address on the account, as long as you successfully recover the account. It's highly recommended that you utilize a GMail account as they have proven to cause players the least amount of issues throughout the years.

In order to start the account recovery process, head to the same Change registered email Support article and click on the "RECOVER ACCOUNT" link. Follow all the steps thereafter.

Just for reference, you should read the Login email and registered email Support article to learn more on what the functions of each one are.

21-Feb-2023 21:27:58 - Last edited on 23-Feb-2023 18:51:42 by Mrs Ana

Muzan-sama

Muzan-sama

Posts: 708 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi there
Coincidencez

To change your registered email address without access to it will require you to submit an account recovery request, which you can do through the following Support page link: Change registered email if you don't have access to the registered email .

You will be required to provide information that proves you as the creator of the account in order to be able to recover your account and change it's registered email address. Be sure to provide the earliest information that you can that proves you as the creator.

Best of luck, and hope this helps.
| RuneScape Support | Code of Conduct | Account Security |

22-Feb-2023 00:14:31

Malua
May Member 2006

Malua

Posts: 43,113 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Unfortunately, account recovery needs to be a separate submission for each account.

Do you still have game access? If so, log in on each account and talk to Hans in Lumbridge. Hans will tell you exactly how old each account is and you can calculate the month/year of creation.
If you no longer have game access, try to age the accounts in relation to other accounts you have game access to.
Can you remember the ISP you were using at the time you created the accounts? If you can't, talk to family members to see if they can remember it.
Forum Community Helper -
Information about Moderators and Community Helpers

22-Feb-2023 01:34:27

Quick find code: 408-409-147-66275159 Back to Top