Forums

HACKED!! all my item gone

Quick find code: 408-409-14-66282424

us66

us66

Posts: 3 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I need help tracking the user who trade on my account on 22 June 2023. the last thing I was doing mining! in the mining guild. when I logged in again I saw my account was near the portal house! I checked my bank everything is gone like every thing that's worth more than 1m AND I LOST ALL MY COIN 111M!! all I need from @jagex to see what happened on my account on 22 June 2023 if someone logged in did some trade or dropped all the item!

please need reply as soon as possible or I'm quitting this game!

24-Jun-2023 06:49:21

Malua
May Member 2006

Malua

Posts: 43,113 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi there
pj808

If you want to report it to Jagex, you should email: [email protected]

This is a 'no reply' email. They will investigate and track the hijacker but they will not report back to you. Depending what they find, they might take immediate action against the hijacker or they might wait and track their activity on other accounts before taking action.

However, you need to review your security as a hijacker should not have got access to your account.
Was your password still the same or had it been changed?
If it is still the same, check the 'Linked Accounts' tab in account management and unlink any accounts you see linked (including your own). Click on 'Manage Steam' and 'Manage Amazon' to check for linked accounts from those websites.
If the hijacker used a linked account login, they bypassed your password.

Do a full security review by working through the instructions on the Security tips support page.
Forum Community Helper -
Information about Moderators and Community Helpers

24-Jun-2023 07:02:05

us66

us66

Posts: 3 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
yes I changed the password just now !

But before all that, I change it before I got hacked like back 2-3 weeks but the old password and the new password were similar to each other. but just now I changed it totally different

24-Jun-2023 07:12:22

The contents of this message have been hidden

28-Jun-2023 17:24:22

Tren
May
fmod Member

Tren

Forum Moderator Posts: 92,683 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@ Blessedtrees - Your post above has been removed as it contains your personal contact information, which should not be posted on the public forums.

The first thing you should do is ensure that your computer and your registered email are both secure. You should also make sure that you are taking advantage of all the account security tools available.

The following resources should provide you with the information you need:
Security tips
Recovering from Hijack [Info]

If you need additional security advice, you are welcome to ask in this Forum, but please post your own thread rather than hijack another player's thread. Thanks
~Tren

Forum issues? ---> See Forum Help
Account issues? ---> See Account Help

28-Jun-2023 19:29:12

Yanarht
Jul Member 2012

Yanarht

Posts: 278 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
PJ808: I hear you, brother. I just (June 28) got ripped for every single thing that had any level of bank value at all. My hacker even took my achievement diary garb and tools, which are replaceable just by going back to the NPC as directed.

I long and ache for justice on these fools who think they can just waltz in and help themselves to your hard-earned wealth and items. I thought I was fully protected but I now know I wasn't. So, I am contracting a private firm to reinstall my authenticator and get me back in the game.

I know, I should be able to do it myself, but I can't. I don't know why, I just can't, it doesn't work for me. The bottom line is, I will have it back once again. Under the old launch system, I had an authenticator and never had a single problem. When it was snatched away is when I lost everything.

I have been on RS for about 12 or 13 years and had well over 5B gp worth of items and coins stolen. I appreciate your post because it prompted a mod to post a link to where to complain to Jagex and believe me, I certainly will. I have been hacked four times now, one of the times Jagex came to my rescue and replaced many items. I don't think that is their approach any longer but it was certainly nice at that time and I greatly appreciated it. That one action made me a lifer for RS.

Hang in there buddy. Get back in there (after making sure you are fully protected) and get your wealth back. One thing they can't take is your levels or progress on quests and so on. So you are still where you were, only now you are broke. Half the fun of RS is scraping to make cash. So good luck and I wish you the best in your situation.

29-Jun-2023 16:54:19

Quick find code: 408-409-14-66282424 Back to Top