Forums

recovering an old account

Quick find code: 408-409-106-66283041

Acaeus Vinn

Acaeus Vinn

Posts: 19 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I didn't know exactly where to post this, so i figured here would be alright. I am faced with a rather complexed issue: I have an old account that i'm trying to get back. I can remember the name of my character, but I don't know if it's registered under an email, i don't remember the password, and I don't really know which version of runescape it's under (It could be under RS3).

The last thing I remember doing on the account was some sort of big event, and pardon if there's spoilers, but Zammy and Sara were fighting, and you could get special emotes from the event.

So what i'm working with is a character that I know the name of, but I don't know the password, don't know the password, don't know which email (if any) it's registered under. I type his name into the high scores to see if it's still in the system, but the character can't be found.

If I can provide breadcrumbs of information, is there hope, or am I kinda dead in the water here?
John 4:20

04-Jul-2023 03:17:04

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,311 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
"but Zammy and Sara were fighting"

That was World Event 1 or Battle of Lumbridge. You were playing RS3 late in 2013.

I believe to contact Jagex Support is the only way you can recover an account in your situation. They may ask you to send them documents to prove your identity.

04-Jul-2023 03:25:22

Malua
May Member 2006

Malua

Posts: 43,113 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi there
Acaeus Vinn

So, you think you know the name but don't know about the password or registered email.

Accounts are identified by their login.
This is what you set when you created the account.
If you remember the name, is it the original login username?
If so, you can proceed into account recovery and see how you go.

If the name you remember isn't the original login username but, instead, is a more recent display name, you would need to read through the Forgotten login support page and use the 'Contact Us' button at the bottom to message for JMod help identifying the login.

High Scores only show accounts that have been active within the past three months.
You could try looking the name up in RuneMetrics as that shows inactive accounts as long as they still have a display name. It is possible your account has been inactive for so long, it no longer has a display name as Jagex used to remove the names from inactive accounts.

Anyway, once you are certain about the login you can start a recovery.
To do this, go to the Change registered email support page and follow the instructions under "If you don't have access to the registered email" .

A successful recovery is about proving that YOU created the account.
You will need to provide a fair bit of information from the creation and/or early years.
Post back if you are getting denied and need some tips but please tell us how quickly the deny reply arrives so we can tell how far into the recovery you are getting stuck.
Forum Community Helper -
Information about Moderators and Community Helpers

04-Jul-2023 05:22:13

Acaeus Vinn

Acaeus Vinn

Posts: 19 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I think I might have found some information that will lead me to my account. I believe you were right, the name had to be changed. I cant log in tonight though because there seems to be an issue connecting.

However, things are looking up so far. I might have found the email it was registered under, and that's a big might, but perhaps this might be the lead I need.
John 4:20

04-Jul-2023 06:36:43

Quick find code: 408-409-106-66283041 Back to Top