Forums

Betas for WBR, QSR & PD

Quick find code: 380-381-837-66262291

13andit

13andit

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I would suggest scrapping dynamite and enabling the ability to lock xp like in deadman mode at a gp cost. I am biased but honestly locking combat would be more fun.

14-Sep-2022 12:05:58 - Last edited on 14-Sep-2022 12:11:57 by 13andit

Geva
Jul Member 2022

Geva

Posts: 3 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hey,
I don't like the new quest journal.
I'm a new player, playing without any guides, just doing quests and exploring the world.
I really, really like the quests in this game and the way they are presented.
I usually start quests either by looking for nearby quest icons on the map, or more commonly by browsing through the quest log.

I don't care about that extra info you added. Usually it wouldn't matter, but in this case the new update to the quest journal is a downgrade for me in two ways:

First of all, I have to scroll down to see the requirements for a quest. This can be annoying when I click through quests in the quest list to find quests for which I am close to the requirements and can grind a bit to reach them. (This happens and will happen often since questing is not enough to level skills, I need to grind to complete more and more quests. Having a quest I want to do but can't yet is my motivation to grind).

Secondly and even more importantly, the new info ruins the immersion and I consider it a spoiler. I don't want to know that Cook's Assistant is going to be easy. I don't want to know it's going to be short before I start it. I don't want to be taken out of Gielinor to be told that the quest was released in 2001.
I want to know that the cook has a quest for me, and that's it. I'll go offer my assistance and find out what happens next. Going into Recipe for Disaster, I thought it's just going to be Cook's Assistant 2. I had no idea that it would turn out that way! And that was all the fun!!

I understand that most players, both old and new, don't play in my style. But to me, this is the correct way to play the game, and the new journal is slightly disrupting it in a place it was perfect before.
Thank you for reading and I sincerely hope you will consider making the new journal at least an optional toggle.
Geva

15-Sep-2022 21:52:07

kuradalex
Dec Member 2014

kuradalex

Posts: 91 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Will we be stuck with nothing and only given base levels in speedrunning worlds?

I felt like even though I didn't miss a click, on vampire slayer and cook's assistant, I was about 1-2 minutes over the platinum times.

When the actual worlds are on, will we be able to prepare prior to or at least have our own levels prior to attempting the quests?
Slaying is the only way.

16-Sep-2022 00:14:57

Archmageous
Aug Member 2020

Archmageous

Posts: 19 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
I felt like even though I didn't miss a click, on vampire slayer and cook's assistant, I was about 1-2 minutes over the platinum times.

Have you tried using the home teleport to speed things up? Idk about vampire slayer, but that helped a lot for getting the platinum on cook's assistant.

16-Sep-2022 01:43:02 - Last edited on 16-Sep-2022 02:02:38 by Archmageous

Quick find code: 380-381-837-66262291 Back to Top