Forums

Activity Adviser: Phase One

Quick find code: 380-381-825-66258185

Nov Member 2017

Posts: 15,834 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It seems ideal for lower level players. I think it can help a lot of lower level players stay organized and on track. Ideally I would think it would be best if we had a toggle on and off option. I'm unsure how helpful it would be to a veteran player who is knowledgeable about the game. Would love to see how it would effect high level players. 20 Year RS Veteran|OSRS Player
@RSN_97
Support Centre | Forum Help

25-Jul-2022 05:45:23 - Last edited on 25-Jul-2022 05:53:01 by 97

Maks Cape
Jan Member 2020

Maks Cape

Posts: 1,324 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
I think this is a great idea! Goals are one of the things that keep me active in game, and this is a great way to keep my eyes set on achieving those goals.

Agreed. This adviser will aid in setting goals and giving players something to do. It will also stir accounts in the right direction thanks to the Available Quests and Target Questions section. It'll also pick suitable game content for you. A great feature for new and returning players!

29-Jul-2022 13:04:15

Maks Cape
Jan Member 2020

Maks Cape

Posts: 1,324 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
It seems ideal for lower level players. I think it can help a lot of lower level players stay organized and on track. Ideally I would think it would be best if we had a toggle on and off option. I'm unsure how helpful it would be to a veteran player who is knowledgeable about the game. Would love to see how it would effect high level players.

Definitely. I believe it's prioritized towards lower/mid level players so they know what to work on next. It will also be helpful for new and returning players, guiding them in the right direction and giving them goals to work on so they don't feel discouraged/overwhelmed by the grind. Meaning new/returning players will have set goals and see progress, making them enjoy the game a lot more and they won't end up quitting most likely. According to the Q&A Summary from July 21st, Mod Daizong said: "Yes, we have added a setting to allow players to hide the Activity Adviser if they want to! And if the Store button is hidden, then the Activity Adviser button will be placed in the position of the Store Button, so we have more space for the gameplay area!" So, yes! It will be togglable! I'm sure they'll receive feedback from high level players once it's released for everyone and then they could make the necessary adjustments for it.

29-Jul-2022 13:32:40

Koxo
Jan Member 2020

Koxo

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Since the 'roll back' a few days back there's a glitch at castle wars, whenever someone holds the flag and dies the arrow stays above their head until the next person captures the flag, this causes confusion because the player could be running around the map with the arrow above their head without the flag. Please look into this asap

03-Aug-2022 14:48:47

Zylnari
Jan Member 2024

Zylnari

Posts: 36 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm looking forward to the full implementation! I created an ironman recently and didn't want to follow guides to do everything efficiently as I feel that defeats a major purpose of the ironman experience. Having a built-in suggestion system like the activity adviser has the benefit of letting you know more about content available to you but also allowing you to do whatever you wanted from possible activities.

13-Aug-2022 02:36:49

Archmageous
Aug Member 2020

Archmageous

Posts: 19 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Please give the Chaos pack at least a single guaranteed smelling salts. Obviously it was unnecessary giving like 4-5 smelling salts every time, but without at least one, it's literally just a worse version of the health pack. Literally five of my sprites in a row it's been utterly worthless. Each time it had roughly the same amount of nectar, tears, and ambrosia as the health pack, but didn't have any of the scarabs. It really needs to have salts instead of ambrosia, that way it could actually serve it's intended purpose as a cross between the other two packs. Why does it even exist anymore if it's just always worse than the others?

03-Sep-2022 17:20:39 - Last edited on 03-Sep-2022 18:59:01 by Archmageous

LtParis

LtParis

Posts: 184 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Tombs of Amascut is great guys. The only thing I suggest is not to keep increasing the difficulty. It was never easy from the beginning, you guys made it harder now because players with max gear are saying its too easy, but for us with low-medium gear, now Normal mode is difficult as hell, especially the obelisk at wardens and wardens itself. So stop increasing difficulty, or come up with a system where difficulty increases with PLAYER NETWORTH, therefore if you can afford T-bow or other expensive gear, the raids get a bit more challenging to compensate for max dps.

06-Sep-2022 21:32:31

Quick find code: 380-381-825-66258185 Back to Top