Forums

Shooting Stars

Quick find code: 380-381-704-66207984

BlackTiger87

BlackTiger87

Posts: 1,509 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Will we ever see a Castle War update that would have different Castles/terrain available?
Maybe even a clan mode like clan wars in castle wars?
Will Castle Wars get the same respect as LMS and etc and have ranks available for viewing?

I hate I missed the CW discussion! I've been busy.

HAGD!
Peace and Love!

17-Mar-2021 11:43:56

WasHC Pledge
Nov Member 2023

WasHC Pledge

Posts: 2 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
"The value of Zealot items has increased so that they will protect over all bones upon death."

I equipped the full set and, using the Lost on Death interface, only the body protects over Hydra bones, the other 3 pieces still do not protect over Hydra. All 4 pieces still do not protect over Dagannoth and Superior Dragon Bones. Please fix, would like to use @ Chaos Altar!

17-Mar-2021 14:10:26

KR0VALI
Dec Member 2023

KR0VALI

Posts: 3 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I loved shooting stars back in the day, so thanks for bringing this to old school! I'm very glad you guys didn't add the star sprite in the middle of the star. I never thought a little alien dude fit in the theme of Runescape. There are a couple things I'd like to address about today's update.

Since there is no star sprite that sticks around and the star simply turns to dust after it is mined, star hunters have no way of knowing if they should keep searching for the star or if it's gone for good. I suggest adding a crater that sticks around for 10-20 minutes after it is mined to let people know that they can stop searching.

Thanks for the bolt pouch update as well. One thing I noticed is that if you're using more than 2 types of bolts during a battle in multicombat, theres no easy way to switch to that 3rd or 4th bolt type because the interface closes as soon as you're hit by an enemy. I suggest a drop down menu when right clicking the new Extra Ammo box in the worn equipment tab that shows all the bolt types in your pouch. Left clicking the new Extra Ammo box would still switch to the previously equipped ammo. This would be super helpful! If this isn't possible then if theres a way to prevent the bolt pouch interface from closing during combat then that would be another solution to this problem.

Thanks!

18-Mar-2021 04:26:05

Lewis Shoot
Oct Member 2005

Lewis Shoot

Posts: 3,825 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Great stuff and I just want to wade in on the clan hub discussion.

I did a lot of clanning in 2012 and quite liked the clan camp however I hated that the air altar moved and it felt quite out the way.
When it was announced it would be in the grand exchange for old school I thought that was great because it would be more practical but I understand peoples reservations.
The only other place I think it could make some sense, although it would require some rejigging, is as a replacement/extension to the outlaw camp. It would still be next to the GE and attract a lot of players, but also make some thematic sense as there is already a camp there.

Those are just my thoughts, although if I were making the decision I'd probably put it in the GE or just outside the GE like where solomans store is in RS3.
RIP Forums :(
Finally we have signatures in the surprise forum update. I'm Lewis, I play Old School & I've been playing since 2005.

20-Mar-2021 20:56:49

KR0VALI
Dec Member 2023

KR0VALI

Posts: 3 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Loving the content but the bolt pouch really needs to be usable in multicombat. I couldnt open my pouch to swap bolts during my Kree trip.

I'd like to suggest a new reward for the stardust shop. Allow us to combine or imbue the varrock platebody with the prospector top for a certain amount of stardust. I'd be willing to spend a few thousand to be able to wear my full prospector set with the extra ore bonus the varrock platebody usually provides. Most people just wear a varrock top with prospector legs, boots and helmet and it really doesn't look good at all. Being able to wear the full set would be great.

Thanks!

23-Mar-2021 00:37:26

Quick find code: 380-381-704-66207984 Back to Top