Forums

Last Recall Proposal

Quick find code: 380-381-671-66187381

Mandrue
Jun Member 2019

Mandrue

Posts: 52 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I don't like the idea of changing this. A lot of people have completed gwd taking advantage of being able to teleport in and out of the chamber without getting additional kc to get back in. I also do not think that the proposed fix will change anything. The private instance exists and functions as advertised. If people are angry that the non instanced worlds are over crowded then can they not just use the instanced version instead? In addition there will be off hours where players can still take advantage of the last recall into gwd at its full potential. We are at the end of week one with 9 weeks to go. Surely between now and then the problem will fix itself. #nochanges :)

03-Nov-2020 21:34:29

BennjiGrim
Dec Member 2018

BennjiGrim

Posts: 21 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Making any change to trailblazer is detrimental to the play style, the people that can go hard and fast have taken full advantage of the current situation, but many other players have other commitments and can not play this style. i for one will be taking full advantage of the time given to earn the most amount of points. I am looking forwards to the methods of many content creators such as Solomission, DitterBitter and Woox.

If you change this why not change big Chompy Bird Hunting quest?

that too was an oversight?

04-Nov-2020 00:15:08

Tassels
Nov Member 2023

Tassels

Posts: 18 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Everyone who picked Last Recall were planning on using it for this specific purpose. It doesn't work for their private rooms so they crash whoever goes into the room while they're banking/regen prayer. With other relic combinations long sustaining trips at gwd are possible without Last Recall. Why not just let players recall into their private rooms? The room is free during this league anyway. The only reason players are getting large enough kill count to make re-entry possible is because they aren't charged the 40kc at the door. Adding the stipulation that kc is required for re-entry would defeat the purpose of the Last Recall relic. Everyone is ironman anyway, so crashing hurts everyone involved, so why not make it so the people who are constantly leaving and coming back won't hurt the gaming experience of others and can use the relic for it's intended purpose. From the beginning it was insinuated that Last Recall would be used in gwd, so don't go back on your own creation just because it's being used as it was intended.

04-Nov-2020 03:07:22

Tassels
Nov Member 2023

Tassels

Posts: 18 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Everyone who picked Last Recall were planning on using it for this specific purpose. It doesn't work for their private rooms so they crash whoever goes into the room while they're banking/regen prayer. With other relic combinations long sustaining trips at gwd are possible without Last Recall. Why not just let players recall into their private rooms? The room is free during this league anyway. The only reason players are getting large enough kill count to make re-entry possible is because they aren't charged the 40kc at the door. Adding the stipulation that kc is required for re-entry would defeat the purpose of the Last Recall relic. Everyone is ironman anyway, so crashing hurts everyone involved, so why not make it so the people who are constantly leaving and coming back won't hurt the gaming experience of others and can use the relic for it's intended purpose. From the beginning it was insinuated that Last Recall would be used in gwd, so don't go back on your own creation just because it's being used as it was intended.

04-Nov-2020 03:07:24

Dumpster Man

Dumpster Man

Posts: 2 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@Tassels Thats probably because an instance is closed as the player leaves the area, and keeping that instance active while unoccupied is lazy and can also bloat the server load.
Hence why when attempting to force reentry to a previously closed instance fails critically.

I didnt pick recall and have been heavily weighing on just remaking. If theres clearly a trait thats better than the rest, and players cant switch to it after said mistake. Like I get the implications of allowing player to swap freely from traits, or how leaderboards / trailblazer points get messed up if theres a player reset. But honestly if im going to make a new account to do this, it'd be on an different account that I wouldnt care about the TB rewards, or the leaderboard status. I would be fine to go so far to say that allowing a player to wipe their TB account, and void its leaderboard/TB points rolling into the Standard game. Nerf it how you must, the instance thing sounds like a server limitation, but allow players to have access to a new fun mechanic if they want it.

04-Nov-2020 13:55:06

Quick find code: 380-381-671-66187381 Back to Top