Forums

Nightmare & Zalcano Tweaks

Quick find code: 380-381-621-66143136

Vasuh
Dec Member 2023

Vasuh

Posts: 47 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Where is the news on the nightmare issues on mobile that we was meant to receive ‘early this week’?

When can we expect it to not crash? I managed my first kill yesterday but then crashed the kill after

13-Feb-2020 11:22:28

Dr Zach
Dec Member 2018

Dr Zach

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
"We’ve also reduced the number of unique Zalcano drops. After this update, every kill will trigger a 1/500 roll which, if it passes, will add a unique to the drop table. A separate roll will then be made to decide which unique that will be. Finally, the unique is randomly given to an eligible player. As always, the more you’ve contributed to the fight the better your chances will be."

"These changes are expected to significantly increase the rarity of Onyx gems from Zalcano, addressing concerns around their pricing."

Does that mean the drop rates for the crystal tool seed has also been significantly decreased? This seems like a drastic change when I'm sure most of the player base would have just agreed the best solution would have been to remove the onyx from the drop table.

13-Feb-2020 11:32:57 - Last edited on 13-Feb-2020 11:37:04 by Dr Zach

jupl234

jupl234

Posts: 11 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
"We're also pondering the idea of removing the Ironman portal, thus allowing Iron players to fight The Nightmare alongside non-Iron players. We'd love to know what you think!"

Its really very hard to do Nightmare as Ironman, because its some of end game content for them and only a few ironman willing to do it. We dont have ironman world, personaly im still at 1kc because i cannot find team for.

13-Feb-2020 12:01:18

Wzdd of oz

Wzdd of oz

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Removing the ability to activate a bond on iOS is very annoying.. basically now having to wait until the bond expires, puts me into f2p, then having to activate again? I’ve been mobile only for 6 months or so since my PC died on me

13-Feb-2020 12:05:53

Cleaven
Aug Member 2023

Cleaven

Posts: 39 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
yeah make ironman be able to go nightmare with non iron, my nephew been trying to nightmare for a week now its dead content for him and people with scythe and infernal cape just kick him(hop world).. he would be just better in a mass

13-Feb-2020 13:26:27 - Last edited on 13-Feb-2020 13:26:54 by Cleaven

1der

1der

Posts: 10 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
So legitimate F2P players trying to grind LMS for cosmetics get pretty screwed.

480 points for outfit = 4.8m minimum? And that's only if you can average 1 point a game...

With 1 foreign server world actively playing in F2P, it was hard enough to try and get points with lag...and now I get to lose 10k each time...

I guess the handful of people that dominate the game make out pretty well at least :(

"Git gud" I suppose.

13-Feb-2020 16:54:00

OnyxDragon

OnyxDragon

Posts: 3 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Zalcano changes
Punishing ironmen looking for crystal tools and Zalcano shard just to reduce the rarity of uncut onyx is extremely unfair. If you want to make the onyx drop less common then you should just adjust its rates and leave the other unique drops alone.

Additionally, this is unlikely to have a huge impact on the price of onyxes. The reason that onyxes crashed after the release of Zalcano is because it drops huge quantities of Mithril ore. This caused Mithril ore's price to crash drastically, making selling them for tokkul profitable.

So if you want to make the price of onyxes go back up, then you must greatly reduce the quantity of mithril ore being dropped by Zalcano. Changing the onyx droprate alone will do hardly anything.

LMS changes
I really dislike the 10k fee for playing competitive LMS. Now people have to pay millions to get the rewards that were once FREE. LMS used to be a great 0-risk way for people to learn NH tribridding while earning cool rewards at the same time. Adding the 10k fee to competitive mode is a huge turn-off for people wanting to get into PVP.

As for the F2P LMS changes, I fear that reducing the points on f2p worlds won't discourage gold farmers enough and just serve to punish legitimate F2P players.
I think it would be better to increase the total level requirement to play LMS and potentially add a playtime requirement as well.

Nightmare feedback
I'm not a fan of allowing ironmen to kill the Nightmare with non-ironmen. That would make it way too easy for an ironman to join a team of max-gear players to rack up fast killcount on the Hiscores.

Removing the ironman portal would basically force ironmen to team with non-irons. This means that every kill with an ironman would have to be a FFA (can't split).

Also, ironman is a solo gamemode in essence. Having the ironman portal is very nice for those who enjoy solo gameplay and removing it would make finding a world to solo on much harder for ironmen.

13-Feb-2020 18:01:00 - Last edited on 13-Feb-2020 18:12:07 by OnyxDragon

Quick find code: 380-381-621-66143136 Back to Top