Forums

Twisted League Rewards

Quick find code: 380-381-615-66134468

Teridax
Aug Member 2023

Teridax

Posts: 3,509 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Keep the trophies and rewards exclusive to twisted league??

If you make these items available elsewhere in game im going to be upset I wasted time in your stupid league that I could've been hanging out with friends irl or actually progressing my real character. You guys are some jokesters sometimes. Keep the rewards unique to twisted league its not fair I and many others have been literally wasting our time if you plan to have these rewards in the future probably through easier "challenges"

PS if you're salty you didn't participate and the league and didn't get the rewards that's YOUR fault. Dont make the people who actually worked and spent time suffer.

17-Dec-2019 12:29:40 - Last edited on 17-Dec-2019 12:32:32 by Teridax

dragtom
Jun Member 2016

dragtom

Posts: 20 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Have each league have its own trophies. They should look similar, but you should be able to tell which league it was.
Maybe the 'RS' on the cups can be replaced with the twisted league logo.
Perhaps, if there still is enough time, the 'dragon' tier could have olm instead of a generic red dragon.

The difference with holiday items is that trophies actually are/can be difficult to obtain.
Instead of comparing it to those, you should compare it to having your name in the examine text of the Helm of Raedwald. That opportunity is (rightfully) also discontinued.

btw, the neck of the character wearing the twisted slayer helm somehow turns green yellow when it faces the camera, only to quickly revert to the normal colour. What is up with that?

17-Dec-2019 15:26:51 - Last edited on 17-Dec-2019 15:28:01 by dragtom

Lucy HFilia

Lucy HFilia

Posts: 308 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I understand the team has a lot of opinions to go through, and that many of us players have been spending a lot of time in the leagues because of the fact that these rewards were voted to be placed in the main game. To be honest, I wanted these rewards to come from the main game because of this exact reason.

Now since many of us have spent time here, it’s fine that we still get our rewards and all from the time spent. However, I am still all for a commemorative display in the center of Great Kourend which shows our high scores in the league, honoring the time spent by us in this Twisted League, while giving out the same trophy. I am also for being able to purchase an attachment from each specific league that you can place on your trophy, to show its “league-specific” acquirement (something that people could also respectively sell because I know everyone wants access to these things).

So what about the scenario that leagues doesn’t get continued? (Too much dev time, not enough player interest, or for other reasons)? Well, as I’ve been saying from day 1, I don’t think it’d be a bad idea to develop this into a world-wide skilling minigame. I’m definitely seeing opportunities to reuse some of the ideas from artisan from all those years ago, about how artisans send you around to collect resources or perform certain tasks. You could add challenges to these tasks, like maybe we get some random spawn we have to fight or we can only use certain gear, etc etc. Just something to consider. And of course, the rewards are what would’ve been given out during leagues (or even remodeled to provide even more ideas, uniques, or useful things to skillers). I hope this helps a bit in your tough decision.

But the big point I’d like to make is I do not want discontinued items. If players absolutely want something to show off their achievement, we have hiscores and you can make them an awesome display in main game for everyone to see (similar to the clan wars display).

17-Dec-2019 17:01:00

hurloon
Nov Member 2023

hurloon

Posts: 206 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
So, the above post about making this a minigame is sort of ridiculous. Once something becomes a minigame in RS, it dies for good. Sorry, but that's the truth. And with no useful rewards (like BA, Pest Control have), that will just seal the deal.

That being said, I really hope we continue to have new leagues in the future.

Trophies should not be obtainable outside of ranking in a league. If that isn't obvious to you guys, you are complete idiots.

They would be better if unique and you can display all your trophies in a trophy room in your POH. Otherwise, how are people going to know? If that's not an option, then have them stackable in the bank, because why waste bank space on useless junk, which is what they would be if you didn't have the POH option.

Other league-based games have it so that you can display them in your POH equivalent. The ability to equip them is nice, but not going to be enough if we have multiple leagues and/or if the trophies aren't unique.

17-Dec-2019 19:32:27 - Last edited on 17-Dec-2019 19:33:05 by hurloon

bag of ranar

bag of ranar

Posts: 31 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I havent played rs in years until twisted league. I started twisted league about a week late after watching many videos on youtube of the leagues. The unique tradeable rewards is what got me interested and the game mode is actually very fun and addictive, I always have something to do and always feel like Im making progress. Ive been slaving trying to get to the dragon tier. not there yet but getting closer every day. I hope the rewards stay unique to twisted leagues, tradeable and hard to obtain. I initially thought each league had there own rewards and the items would be discontinued . No big deal if the rewards will be carried over to the next league but please add more rewards to help balance the rarity of items as the points per item is not easy to obtain and we need more motivation to play in future leagues. Also trophys should be different each league or made tradeable like other rewards.

17-Dec-2019 20:33:10 - Last edited on 17-Dec-2019 20:37:07 by bag of ranar

Bad Charity

Bad Charity

Posts: 47 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
If they are going to be discontinued you should have stated this from the start.

i would have grinded within an inch of my life if I thought I could get a discontinued item from it.
Maybe just make new leagues have discontinued rewards? (If at all).

17-Dec-2019 21:57:27

Benvil
Jun Member 2010

Benvil

Posts: 8,160 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This whole situation is such a freaking mess, and these proposed "solutions" don't feel like a real compromise either. Judging by Reddit, most people don't even have reading comprehension enough to realize the proposed solutions aren't making the trophies tradable... Can't wait to have yet another poll decide if trophies should ruin something that makes OSRS unique, something which a good chunck of the community clearly don't even understand. I refer to the fact that OSRS is probably the only big live service game in existence, where there is no timed-exclusive "oh you missed out" items.

My disappointment doesn't end there. All the problems about the trophies, the original blog and the contradictions in it, were all pointed out to the main developer in the feedback discord... Know what he did when I asked, if he it at the very least could adjust the blog to not be dishonest? He told me "maybe" and never did a thing, and now the trophies managed to just barely pass the poll with 2.7% to spare, based on a blog with dishonest information in it. Even the original blogs FAQ straight up said there'd never be discontinued items from Leagues, whilst also trying to poll discontinued items...

And now, after all this, you try to make the community clean up the mess, and have them vote on a game integrity issue, even when you know a good majority of people doesn't even read the blogs... Really now? What happened to game integrity not needing polls?

Anyway, here's what a REAL compromise would be:
Trophies are available only to the winners for the first 6 months (or 1 year) after a League concludes. After that, they're put into a "Vintage Trophies shop" for everyone else to buy. You could even make it double as a cash drain.

This gives people plenty of time to show-off, but also avoids making discontinued items. I know from many other games, that people usually only care about showing off time exclusives for the first few months, then lose interest.

17-Dec-2019 22:21:39

Ep i
Oct Member 2016

Ep i

Posts: 30 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The trophies should definitely be unique to each league. You can modify the cup insignia's for each League. They shouldn't be obtainable from anywhere else, It was voted to be league specific.

The same is said for the trade able rewards. Once twisted league is over they shouldn't be obtainable anywhere else. This is what appealed to people to try and grind out the points for the items. Why spend months on a server where the "limited time" items can just be gotten at a future time and spend the months progressing the main account instead. The whole reason I got behind this is because I understood that this was a limited time run for items, and that's the motivation to grind. If people want to get these rewards there's still a month left to get them.

17-Dec-2019 22:35:49

blackbelt
Dec Member 2014

blackbelt

Posts: 83 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
As someone that spent hundreds of hours to be in Dragon tier. It would be a HUGE shame if the trophies were available in the main game if leagues ended. I think the best route would be same trophy style with a slight change to the front for different league and maybe even a change in the emote. That way as a Dragon tier player I am motivated to get Dragon again next league for the slightly different emote too.

Also, emote idea, could dragon tier emote have big dragon wings coming out of the player incorporated in the emote? I think the dragon tier emote should be really flashy since it is extremely hard and competitive to get.

Great job with this league I LOVE it!

18-Dec-2019 03:07:48

Quick find code: 380-381-615-66134468 Back to Top