Forums

QoL Week 1: PvM Poll Blog

Quick find code: 380-381-456-65984945

Prncss

Prncss

Posts: 51 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
"In order to improve the Chompy bird hunting experience, should a left-click option be added to Swamp gas bubbles, allowing players begin filling Ogre bellows, should there be one in their inventory."
"In order to improve the Chompy bird hunting experience, should a left-click option be added to Swamp toads, allowing players to fill them with Swamp gas from any filled Ogre bellows in their inventory?"
This isn't "improving" the chompy hunting experience, this is turning it into braindead left click garbage content. The whole fun of hunting chompies now are actually the bad mechanics. They make it challenging and engaging and that's what makes it enjoyable. Making it all just boring left clicking is catering to the people who don't want to do chompies at all but feel forced to do so because you, Jagex, decided to make it a requirement for achievement diaries.

"Should the rewards from Champions' Challenge be improved by offering an XP lamp that provides 10x the standard XP normally received for each Champion slain? Players that have previously completed any of the challenges will be able to redeem the XP lamp by talking to an NPC."
There's absolutely no need to do this. It's already popular amongst the people who are actually interested in completionist content. There's nothing wrong with the way it currently is, there's nothing that needs to be fixed, just leave it alone.

"Should the pet Dark core, dropped from the Corporeal beast, have a transmog option added, allowing you to turn it into a miniature version of the Corporeal beast?"
Come on, there's always gonna be people who don't like the way something looks. No need to add a million different transmogs for every pet that people might not like. Oh, and you got the capitalisation wrong, it's supposed to be Pet dark core.
- someone who went 12599 kills dry for it.

30-Jan-2018 19:39:57 - Last edited on 30-Jan-2018 19:40:34 by Prncss

faintk4

faintk4

Posts: 9 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
"Poll Question
Should we add XP drop indicators for those with 200m XP in stats? This will not provide any further experience, but would allow players to see how much experience they would have gained, if they were able to receive more."

Can this include xp drops for ironmen? It would be nice when pking with friends or antipking when wildy bossing.

30-Jan-2018 20:18:13

Staseys Mom

Staseys Mom

Posts: 526 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The Shamans peek option is a start, doesn't do anything to free up any worlds though. Please give us extra areas to kill shamans. Don't make Shamans easier without adding extra places, you're just making it worse by polling that one.

Shamans are already killed by the thousands by level 70's with rune kiteshields and rune crossbows and those are the ones who didn't safespot them. You should be trying to thin the Shaman herd not draw more people there.

Regarding the other proposed changes they look fairly decent imo.

30-Jan-2018 20:25:24

Y2k Survivor

Y2k Survivor

Posts: 373 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@Faintk4, when Kieren developed this he said it would work for that, but I hope they can clarify the question to know whether it would affect other areas, like what you specified.

My Notes:
'greyed out special attack bar' - I'd prefer this to be toggleable, although, I'd probably vote yes regardless.

'Dragon hunter crossbow range be increased to match Armadyl crossbow' - This is most definitely a buff, but partly QoL. I've seen someone mention separating these questions on the poll to make them clear that they are also buffs. I'd say it's an appropriate buff, so I would vote yes - just needs to be clarified that it's a buff.

'xp lamp from Champion challenge that's 10x what it was before' - I'll probably vote no for this. I understand it's meant to make it a tad bit more worthwhile or maybe more appealing, but I don't think it's necessary.

'retrieval services take money from bank' - This is definitely QoL, but I kind of like that it's a pain currently when you die and have to grab 100k from the bank before heading back. I'll vote no, but it's going to pass.

'Upgrade trident with 10 tentacles' - Please separate the upgraded trident and 10 tentacle payment so that they aren't in the same question. Upgraded trident is totally QoL, but the payment of 10 tentacles is just a silly and poor way of making them worth something. If there must be a payment then uncharged tridents would make much more sense.

The rest are either a definite yes or iffy (two are still iffy for me).

30-Jan-2018 20:41:29 - Last edited on 30-Jan-2018 21:04:49 by Y2k Survivor

O uroboros

O uroboros

Posts: 10 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I love the suggestion for Torfinn. I cannot tell you how many times i forget my 100k after dying, then i arrive without at the dock with no tele out or 100k and i cant leave.

Could Peer the Seer or the Frennik Boots 4 teleport be moved closer together? or perhaps closer towards the dock? It would be nice to be able to tele in to deposit items during vorkath if I did not need to go to a real bank to restock yet. This is similar to the deposit chest near zulrah and it would not be overpowered because, you can only deposit items. thanks!

30-Jan-2018 23:11:00

Booger brane

Booger brane

Posts: 413 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Greyed out special attack on weapons without a special is fantastic and we do need it!

I was also thinking we could use some sort of timer to let us know when we can expect to get the next 10% of special as im sure this information is very important for alot of players. Something visual near the special attack bar like a line running parallelle on the bar to the current meter that indicates when it reaches the end of the bar you'll get 10% or just a simple numbers timer near the special attack bar and probably toggleable

31-Jan-2018 00:02:35

Hugh Hefner
Dec Member 2023

Hugh Hefner

Posts: 2,183 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
currently slayer enchantment drops are useless after you have used them once so the game is flooded with them.i'm suggesting the ability to use it on an enchanted slayer staff to add 100 slayer dart casts or trade them into an npc for runes required to cast slayer dart 100 times.

I feel this is a closer step to the wilderness rejuvenation aswell and making wildy slayer a bit more profitable.

31-Jan-2018 01:05:00

Quick find code: 380-381-456-65984945 Back to Top