Forums

Best refund for tokens idea

Quick find code: 366-367-944-66182503

Theos
Aug
fmod Member

Theos

Forum Moderator Posts: 23,574 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I do agree the way the hotfix was applied in the middle of the program was a bit of a "mess", and I think it would have been more sensible to wait and change the rarity for future promotions.

The way this was done has negatively affected the following populations, and I think Jagex should look to offer some type of credit, and/or compensation in the form of TH keys or a refund to the following populations:

1-) People who don't use Reddit, and didn't get to see Mod JD's note in time. (Reddit users were able to modify their GE offers, and sell their Earhart penguin tokens for 400m-500m each prior to them swiftly crashing down to 40m-60m levels). This wasn't fair.

2-) Players who bought Treasure Hunter keys, or "completionist type" players who want to unlock all content and had to purchase $100-300 worth of keys to unlock the Earhart pet prior to the modification of the rarity.

3-) Players who purchased, and used in-game bonds to unlock the Earhart pet on day 1. I've seen players spend upwards to 1.5B - 2B GP to accomplish this feat.

4-)Players who purchased Earhart to unlock/redeem it on day 1.

5-) Players who were "Trading/merchanting/investing" in Earhart due to its rarity. I have seen a player mention he lost 7B GP, and another state they lost around 3B GP as a result of these change.
Forum Moderator

01-Oct-2020 14:28:54 - Last edited on 01-Oct-2020 14:29:24 by Theos

Bouss

Bouss

Posts: 175 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I havent played since this update since i lost all my bank for it. only way i woulda agreed with this change was if they removed all previous earhart tokens for their trade price back to coins before this update, much like they did with second age back when it was being duped so everybody got their own back and start off a fresh table. Bulls make money, bears make money, pigs get slaughtered

03-Oct-2020 01:28:29

Quick find code: 366-367-944-66182503 Back to Top