Forums

Treasure Hunter been nerfed?

Quick find code: 366-367-918-66250609

Dekovinar
Aug Member 2021

Dekovinar

Posts: 20 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I am just curious to know if the treasure hunter events have diminished in value since last Christmas. With the exception of a few events, it appears as though the three options feature has has been removed, and now only provides one option per key.

So, are we no longer able to choose which reward to select from?

11-Apr-2022 09:06:18

Ds Fads
Nov Member 2021

Ds Fads

Posts: 38 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Personal opinion of "Upcoming Improvements To Treasure Hunter" 22 April 2022
Dev Blogs

Negative Oddments Store modifications:

• Removed randomised sales from Treasure Hunter Keys, Medium Prismatic Lamps and Medium Prismatic Stars, but slightly lowered their prices.

Negative Treasure Hunter modifications:

• No opportunity to choose the Protean-skilling resource you may actually benefit from regarding your skill levels. Protean Packs have been replaced with Protean-specific items.

• Vague phrasing, but only if it means the 3-6, on-screen chest options rather than the three prizes to choose from, such as Distractions and Diversions reset tablets, Silverhawk feathers, or Onyx/Diamond summoning stones. The multiple-choice Treasure Hunter prize selection screen has been removed.

• Oddment prizes have been removed from the Treasure Hunter drop table.

• The number of portable items received from portable packs has been reduced.

• Less concern for lower-tiered Oddment amounts as valuable enough for the player to reconsider. The convert confirm functionality was changed and will no longer ask for confirmation on white and yellow tier prizes but will for higher tiers.

• Players can no longer gain lucky items as a super rare reward from chests.

• Depending on the pack quantities, players may feel these items are valuable enough to maintain their eligibility as Treasure Hunter prizes. Combat Dummies no longer appear in Red or Purple Tier prizes.

Admittedly, there are positive and neutral modifications included in this Developer blog, but the real-world and in-game economy impacts are understandable for the developer's product results to remain appealing to their corporate and private investors. It's an unfortunate reality of business, but its how the corporation remains active and how the employees earn their slice of the gross profit, sans incidentals, expenditures, salaries, dividends, and promotions. I do wish several gaming companies invested in 95% charities.

23-Apr-2022 20:34:18

English Lady
Jun Member 2023

English Lady

Posts: 1,358 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
*Removed randomised sales from Treasure Hunter Keys, Medium Prismatic Lamps and Medium Prismatic Stars, but slightly lowered their prices*

This was the only time I spent oddments lol, people looked forward to the discounts, it was fun, I won't buy them any more.

23-Apr-2022 22:17:49

H Rassy
Sep Member 2023

H Rassy

Posts: 17,469 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This update is not looking that great to me though there is a few upsides as well.

The lamps i only bought once they where at 75% discount. By doing this i spend about as much oddments as i was gaining them (this without converting any price to oddments).
Now that the sales are gone (but the price slightly lowered,lets asume 10%) these lamps will end up beeing almost 4 times as expensive to buy with oddments.

24-Apr-2022 09:50:26 - Last edited on 24-Apr-2022 09:51:05 by H Rassy

H Rassy
Sep Member 2023

H Rassy

Posts: 17,469 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile

This i didnt even see at first but does this include portable packs in bank? I have safed up a huge amount of portable packs and now i am wondering if i should convert or not:s

24-Apr-2022 12:42:29 - Last edited on 24-Apr-2022 12:49:58 by H Rassy

WTFmybacon
Oct Member 2010

WTFmybacon

Posts: 4,203 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
H Rassy said :

This i didnt even see at first but does this include portable packs in bank? I have safed up a huge amount of portable packs and now i am wondering if i should convert or not:s

The next paragraph mentions this:
• Any unopened portable packs acquired before April 25th will not be impacted.

So from the sounds of it, the packs you and me both have currently should be safe from the reduction nerf.
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

24-Apr-2022 12:47:15

Quick find code: 366-367-918-66250609 Back to Top