Forums

BE VARY CAREFUL!

Quick find code: 366-367-541-66095929

DarknessJak
Jan Member 2018

DarknessJak

Posts: 463 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Okay so the other day I had just did an offer in the "Earn keys" section in which my credit card was used to complete the offer, after completing the offer I was redirected to a broken website, I was awarded the keys immediately and money was taken from my account, however with a broken site I was very scared that this was a fraudulent website, so I immediately wrote to customer support and all they said was if keys didn't show up contact runescape but that wasn't the problem, so I messaged them back again and haven't heard from them since, so thinking it was just my internet or something for that day I decided to go back to the site which I could no longer find,

I was able to find the first site which takes your credit card number through my history, and through that I was able to find a ToS which lead me to a page where it said for me to access the website and click "my account" on the top left hand corner, upon going to this site I found that it wasn't in fact a site, once you enter the HTTPS it brings you to a blank white page displaying only the HTTPS, nothing else happened, I couldn't cancel my subscription, I couldn't watch videos, I literally couldn't do anything and I bring pictures as proof, I have since changed my credit/debit card as fears of having another $1600 stolen from me (a totally separate incident from runescape but it has happened to me before) rapidly overwhelmed me,

I just want everyone to be aware and fully check out the sites they are signing up for, this site was like any other site i've signed up for before, it was only after I entered my number that I found it this was a fraudulent site, Jagex or the under company running these ads needs to seriously check them better, now I have to sign up again with a new credit card on my account and hope I don't lose any loyalty points in the process, now with my credit/debit number out there taken by a fraudulent website I also have to worry about identity theft, thanks a tun Jagex....

16-Apr-2019 21:31:16

Ladyolake
Jan Member 2008

Ladyolake

Posts: 7,094 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I have used the surverys for Runecoins and I have never ever did one that required
my credit card number. On top of that i have an email all that junk email goes to.

Usint peanut labs, I have had great success in getting runecoins but have never
gotten the other to pay out.

If you do survey and such to get free stuff you shouldnt have to put in your
credit card info. If you do then somewhere along the line they arent free.
Or if you must do a paid promo to get free items.. it still isnt free. It would
be easier and safer to just purchase the items from Jagex.

if you feel unsafe please scan your computer with not only a virus scanner but
with something like malwarbites.
The richest person is not who has the most. It is who Needs the least.

20-Apr-2019 22:40:35

KILLpavlosog
Dec Member 2023

KILLpavlosog

Posts: 4,699 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
DarknessJak said :

I just want everyone to be aware and fully check out the sites they are signing up for, this site was like any other site i've signed up for before, it was only after I entered my number that I found it this was a fraudulent site, Jagex or the under company running these ads needs to seriously check them better

Ultimately Jagex is choosing to team up with these sketchy companies to help steal your money. Who would you blame?
Best wishes to all.
Jagex declared WAR on April 2nd, 2012 by implementing MTX.

02-May-2019 14:00:50

Ladyolake
Jan Member 2008

Ladyolake

Posts: 7,094 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@Azire

Sorry for late reply but the trick is this. They ask you to do a profile.. first time you try to
use the site. Then when you try to qualify for your survey you MUST have the info the
same as that profile or you will automatically not qualify.

As i said I have never done them for keys only Runecoins but have had what I would
consider Great success.

Answering the same as your profile is the key. I also use an email addrss just for
that and I have never ever put in a credit card info. That is none of their business.

If it supposed to be free they definately dont need that kind of info.
The richest person is not who has the most. It is who Needs the least.

07-May-2019 14:18:44

Quick find code: 366-367-541-66095929 Back to Top