Forums

450 vs 675 keys

Quick find code: 366-367-275-66246675

Foxxie
Mar Member 2015

Foxxie

Posts: 2,677 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Most companies employ what's called "targeted pricing", which means different people will see different prices depending on whatever data the company has on you.
Part of that is a "hook" purchase, where if the system notices someone is a new buyer or belongs to an 'impulsive demographic', it may change the pricing or the amount of items received in order to entice that person to make the purchase.

Likewise, if you're a repeat buyer or are deemed to belong to a 'wealthier demographic' it's less likely you'll see the same deals, if any.

It's a fairly common practice especially in the video game industry, and there are a lot of good articles and videos out there which explain how this all works in much more detail than what I can provide here.

20-Feb-2022 06:39:18

Squirrlee
Jun Member 2021

Squirrlee

Posts: 56 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Well....I ONLY buy keys when there is a "special offer", so the logic is flawed. Yes, the first few times I bought keys I didn't know there were BONUS KEY offers so I bought at regular price. Now I'm wise to the game and play the Wait for Offers game. I would buy more often if given more special offers. Hey if Jagex isn't interested in my money I'm cool with it.

26-Feb-2022 15:30:48

Quick find code: 366-367-275-66246675 Back to Top