Forums

Hearts of Ice issues

Quick find code: 366-367-2-66222483

Niana

Niana

Posts: 68 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hello,

I would just like to create a post about my experience with Hearts of Ice which is used for Treasure Hunter.

On paper Hearts of Ice sounds good: You can select and block up to 10 prizes per key which you don't want. Not too many or too few, it's what you can say is "about right" so that a player can't get good rewards with much higher chance. However it does have a few problems which I will try to explain.

When you have selected a few prices, let's say 10 "white" ones and you opened a chest, claimed the reward and is about to open another chest four things happen:

1. The RNG randomizes the potential rewards and reward quality you previously blocked from receiving.
2. This means that you may unintentionally block a reward you may want when you open your next Treasure Hunter chest.
3. You are forced to reselect every category by hand after every chest you open making it very time-consuming, especially if you have quite a few Treasure Hunter keys available.
4. A fourth problem is that some people tend to not use Hearts of Ice at all due to problem number 2, making them have tens of thousands of Hearts of Ice to spare with nothing to spend them on.

Hearts of Ice are also sold together with Treasure Hunter keys, making problem number 4 to be a serious problem for some people, if people can't conveniently use them properly.

I'd like to at some point (preferably in the near future) to see an update and a fix to these issues, considering they are quite unusable in their current state with the four problems I previously described.

18-Jul-2021 14:01:13 - Last edited on 18-Jul-2021 14:06:58 by Niana

Thaking797

Thaking797

Posts: 79 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
yea as said above, hol will be getting removed and converted sometime in the future (per said in one of past livestreams)

but until then every time you use a key you'll have to just go back to the hol screen and make sure there isn't anything you possibly want that got switched up in the loot tables.

19-Jul-2021 12:02:51

Quick find code: 366-367-2-66222483 Back to Top