Forums

Lore content after Sliske

Quick find code: 341-342-971-66024958

RazakTheMage

RazakTheMage

Posts: 121 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
While it isn't a question or discussion about specific lore, I'm taking a look at it from a very broad perspective.

Basically I just returned from my self-exile from the lore forums since I couldn't complete Sliske's Endgame and didn't want any spoilers for it (I can't believe it's been over a year). It took way longer than I expected (real life can be quite bothersome sometimes) but now there are seemingly so many different plots getting developed in-game that I'm just lost.

Could you list some things for me to investigate and look into that came after Sliske's Endgame? I already did the new pirate quest and plan to do the Menaphos quests. There's also the arc, which isn't new content by any means. What else is out there?

Thank you and sorry if I come off as lazy, I just thought you guys could help me get things rolling quicker.
Friend of the Dorgeshuun

08-Jul-2018 16:19:58

Byzantinist

Byzantinist

Posts: 337 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yupp it's well known Jagex will take a back seat from 6th Age quests to finally finish 5th ones. Might expect a lot of bottlneck quests before something big is coming out again. With all the elite dungeon stuff, we can expect Dragonkin storyline continuation in a different form, in order to satisfy both the PvM and lore communities, which is a pretty clever business model.

Oh, and I believe gnomes are on Jagex's backlog as well, though we cannot truly say what's up their sleeves. If anything, either way you're going to be very pleased or dissapointed depending on what planned content comes out. Some new stuff as a surprise is always welcome though.
Sometimes one must operate within the
shadows
to serve the
light
. For a man makes no noise over a good deed, but passes on to another as a vine to bear fruits again in season, in order that the world may ever be new.

08-Jul-2018 19:18:41

Pizzahatt1
Dec Member 2011

Pizzahatt1

Posts: 220 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Quests aside, the lore-related updates I recall are:

- There are murals in Ulthven Kreath from Pieces of Hate.

- Guthix lore has been added with the Memorial to Guthix in the Piscatoris Hunter Area, and the Hall of Memories which can be accessed through the pool at the memorial site.

- The 2017 Easter and Halloween events included some lore.

- At 99 Slayer, you can start unlocking lore about the slayer masters by speaking to Faiza in the sunken pyramid accessed through the Menaphos ports district. There are also 20 books in the Menaphos library.

- You can now rebuild Edgeville by speaking to Mandrith. A book can be obtained by speaking to Bruce and another is found by searching the forge.

- Nex: Angel of Death and The Magister, two new bosses, drop lorebooks. The latter can also be obtained from slayer monsters in the Sophanem Slayer Dungeon.

- The Lost Grove can be reached by investigating the standstone south of the Poison Waste. Lore can be found by reminiscing at some ruins and by speaking to Merethiel. The Solak fight includes a narrative and some dialogue after the battle.

- A lorebook was added to the altar in the Motherlode Maw dungeon.

- Five new journals were added when horrors were graphically updated. One is obtained from the skeletal horror, one from unspeakable horrors in the caves, one through doing a miniquest for the Hooded Pirate in north-east Mos Le'Harmless and one is found in a jungle plant in north-west Mos Le'Harmless. The last is found in a mound of dirt near the wheat field after the other four have been obtained.

- There is a lorebook in the new stalker dungeon accessed through Zamorak's Daemonheim base.

- Overgrown idols were added to eastern Karamja. A lorebook can be obtained by clearing and investigating one of them.

- The Temple of Aminishi contains lore in the form of overhead dialogue from mobs, bosses and minibosses, as well as journal pages found throughout the dungeon and lorebooks dropped by the first two bosses.

09-Jul-2018 12:25:25 - Last edited on 09-Jul-2018 12:53:33 by Pizzahatt1

Hazelmere
Apr Member 2023

Hazelmere

Posts: 2,394 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
All I see regarding Sliske is that he's still not really dead and obviously lurking somewhere in the shadow realm as per usual. I expect it to be at least 3-5, maybe even 10 or more years until he's heard from again. They're leaving it open-ended about what could happen while also giving some closure to the whole thing.

14-Jul-2018 19:44:35

Uncle Pob

Uncle Pob

Posts: 2,962 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hazelmere said :
All I see regarding Sliske is that he's still not really dead and obviously lurking somewhere in the shadow realm as per usual. I expect it to be at least 3-5, maybe even 10 or more years until he's heard from again. They're leaving it open-ended about what could happen while also giving some closure to the whole thing.

We know exactly where Sliske is, and he's not in the Shadow Realm (remember, we can now see into the Shadow Realm because Sliske got too overconfident and cocky). He's definitely dead, though I suppose it depends on how you define "dead" as well as what sort of capacity Sliske's soul can exert influence over the World Guardian.

Nontheless, it's still a very open-ended ending. We *still* can't be 100% sure of Sliske's motives or intentions, or whether he's even truly "good" or "evil". Everything he's done so far has been to further an unknown end, but what that end actually is remains unclear. It might actually be the case that the result of "Sliske's Endgame" was exactly the outcome he planned from the very start, as he pulled our strings with his every action and taunt to make it so. Exactly why he'd do all that is a mystery yet to unfold, though it's highly likely to involve Elder Gods and potentially even time travel aspects (since his actions were very deliberate and specific, almost as if he had the advantage of foreknowledge, and there was something very specific he wanted to bring about or change which would have been almost impossible if done any other way).

So all we really know right now is that Sliske is capable of exerting some sort of control or influence over us, though that's unlikely to show any clear symptoms at all until the next key stage in Sliske's plans require him to cause us to behave in an unexpected way, or use powers we didn't know we had.

01-Aug-2018 00:11:11

Quick find code: 341-342-971-66024958 Back to Top