Forums

Concerning Camorra

Quick find code: 341-342-886-65911931

SwedishPagns

SwedishPagns

Posts: 8,899 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
"Wait, who's Camorra?" you ask.

Camorra's an adventurer of the Fourth Age, who killed Garak, a dragon who lived near the Wilderness border that destroyed many small villages. The Runescape wiki said that Garak was more powerful than your average dragon.

Her statue's in the Heroes' Guild and she's mentioned in the same vein as Robert the Strong and Arrav, except she's a much more obscure, posthumous NPC.

This thread's for speculations, fan theories and heacannon you have regarding her. With so little information known about her in canon, you have quite a lot to work with.
·
{
}
`·.„¸¸,.¤*°‘°•¸
I wish I was in Dixie land
¸•°‘°*¤.,¸¸„.·´
{
}
·

17-May-2017 04:18:33

Maiden China

Maiden China

Posts: 5,142 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
ZAmorakZaros said :
Was that thing about it not bein an average dragon added because of raptor commenting?
a few weeks ago I read that a mod on the forums (probably lore corner) was answering a question regarding elvarg's power... mentioned that her 'destroying a city/town was a clue' to her not being just an average dragon (seeing as normal dragons generally dont destroy towns...

also, ardougne has a buttload (126 imperial gallons btw) of heroes that (given an easily dispensed antidragon shield) could probably deal with most dragons...plus... I mean, they must do something all day
Carn

18-May-2017 08:25:27 - Last edited on 18-May-2017 08:25:59 by Maiden China

Deltaslug

Deltaslug

Posts: 32,671 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Could be possible she is a descendant of Robert the Strong and Ilsinor.

It is rather common for heroes to have a powerful lineage.

We know Robert the Strong was active in the early 4th Age and Camorra in the middle.
So plenty of time for her to be a grand-daughter or great-grand-daughter of the legend.

20-May-2017 00:31:31

AesirWarrior
Jan Member 2021

AesirWarrior

Posts: 1,060 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I have this headcanon that dragons used to be a lot more dangerous, until humans drove them into hiding with magic once the Essence mine was rediscovered. That's why most of them are either in caves or in the Wilderness, not hunting out in the wild (... except for the Wilderness). Nevertheless, I still don't think that'd put Camorra quite on Robert or Arrav's level, so I imagine Garak was a lot more powerful than your traditional dragon. Hell, what if Garak was actually a dragon kin and people, not knowing what the kin were, confused him for a dragon? -
I have noticed your kind does tend to blindly stumble forward towards danger simply because it exists. What is your word for that?
- We call it being a hero.

20-May-2017 16:30:24 - Last edited on 20-May-2017 16:31:20 by AesirWarrior

Deltaslug

Deltaslug

Posts: 32,671 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
AesirWarrior said :
I have this headcanon that dragons used to be a lot more dangerous, until humans drove them into hiding with magic once the Essence mine was rediscovered. That's why most of them are either in caves or in the Wilderness, not hunting out in the wild (... except for the Wilderness). Nevertheless, I still don't think that'd put Camorra quite on Robert or Arrav's level, so I imagine Garak was a lot more powerful than your traditional dragon. Hell, what if Garak was actually a dragon kin and people, not knowing what the kin were, confused him for a dragon?

A form of unnatural selection in dragons?

In real life, there are species that because they are a threat to humanity, their populations have been culled.

For example, in an area of Texas, there were lots of rattlesnakes.
A guy was hired to constantly go after the nests.
But rattlesnakes give themselves away by their "rattle".
A trend that developed was as he kept clearing more and more nests, the rattlesnakes "rattles" got quieter and quieter because the ones with the genes for loud rattles kept getting culled. Eventually you couldn't even hear them without some sort of amplifier (the guy was using a giant stethoscope to listen for nests).

You run into similar stories with the creation of domesticated farm animals and even hte different dog breeds.

But would this be a suggestion that dragons were bigger, meaner, and stronger back in the 4th Age?
But years of heroes driving them out weeded out the strongest and most aggressive ones, leaving the runts of the litters?
So that as we reached the 5th Age, dragons are still big and mean, but a shadow of their former selves (as demonstrated with the KBD and QBD)?
Even Elvarg is something of a hold over between generations? Not as big and mean as the rest of her 4th Age brethren, even down to the physical size of 5th Age dragons ... but with still way more punch in her power?

21-May-2017 19:28:29

Gwyndolynn

Gwyndolynn

Posts: 1,317 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I have a few theories that I'll post later....

But for the meantime here are two little things to consider:

- Her helmet looks suspiciously like an Old School's slayer helm (could someone post images of both?)

- Their is a tomb in the Wildy with a statue that closely resembles the one outside the guild (unless it's been updated since I last saw it). (Could someone share that images as well?)
REIGN OF JUDGES:
Title of Liberty

Minigame Autopsy V3
Wilderness Autopsy V1

09-Jun-2017 02:30:26

Quick find code: 341-342-886-65911931 Back to Top