Forums

Colossal Monolith Spoilers

Quick find code: 341-342-883-66216568

Androme

Androme

Posts: 6,474 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
If these types of threads are unwanted, I understand and urge its deletion. I just thought I'd create it for people like myself who can't help ourselves when spoilers are available.

COLOSSAL SPOILERS AHEAD
DO NOT CLICK OR READ ANYTHING UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE SPOILED AHEAD OF TIME

COLOSSAL SPOILERS AHEAD

COLOSSAL SPOILERS AHEAD

Open the link below for a slider of the upcoming cutscenes.

https://runescape.wiki/w/Battle_of_the_Monolith_(miniquest)#/media/File:Battle_of_the_Monolith_-_Zaros_at_the_Monolith.png

- Zaros evidently defeats Saradomin and Seren.
- He "opens" the monolith, which the images seem to indicate is connected to shadow anima.
- He then enters the monolith.
- Out of the monolith then comes "shadow creatures".
- In response to this, the TokHaar arrive to help us defend against the monsters coming out of the monolith.
- Azzanadra then arrives at the Monolith, closes it, absorbs "backlash" energy from closing it and becomes a god.
- The TokHaar then turn enemies against us.
- The Elder God eggs are shown to be corrupted.

My thoughts: I didn't expect any of it. Azzanadra turning into a god is lame, they couldn't have done it to a more boring character. His entire personality is: "I love Zaros!" Has that changed? Why does Azzanadra close the monolith behind Zaros? Has he finally realized that Zaros' agenda does not align with anyone who wants to remain.. alive? Or are they still coordinating? Is Saradomin and/or Seren dead? Why wouldn't they close the monolith? I'm still not certain what the different sides in the GWD3 dungeon will be, Saradomin & Seren VS Azzanadra VS Zaros VS Elder Gods? Maybe dialogue will give better context to these images

What's your thoughts?

24-May-2021 18:27:06 - Last edited on 24-May-2021 18:36:30 by Androme

ShidehTalmai
Apr Member 2018

ShidehTalmai

Posts: 467 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yeouch that was spoily, specially the images on the wikia, damn.

I wasnt expecting the Azzanadra part at all, however from the images we see Zaros going in, but not out, what if Zaros and Azzandra merge or something?

But i honestly dont really love the part about Azzanadra becoming a God, all this time all he wants is to serve and follow Zaros everybit as he wants, there might have been some hints about dissaproval from him, but the way Azzanadra words it, he is there to do what Zaros wants, regardless of the outcome or what he wants, cause he sees Zaros as a true God, a higher being that is ahead of mortals, so if Azzanadra does something, it will be something that Zaros would agree with, Azzy doesnt seem to be into going againts him, much less becoming a false God againt him.

At the end you see that the Elder Eggs were indeed corrupted, similar to what happened to Mah before being born.

25-May-2021 20:04:52 - Last edited on 25-May-2021 20:06:01 by ShidehTalmai

5p1ders

5p1ders

Posts: 4,669 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This might give some context to the images you've posted!
Beware, spoiler heavy material!
https://runescape.wiki/w/Transcript:Battle_of_the_Monolith_(miniquest)

Apparently Azzanadra got deceived by Zaros. And tried to close that tear. Thereby absorbing dark energy in the process leading to his ascension. Zaros went off to somewhere with no regard for the potential ramification of leaving a tear open that connects Gielinor to Erebus (?)

Anyways, color me surprised. Zaros only cares about his endgame and is opportunistic in his relationships.

25-May-2021 21:28:07 - Last edited on 25-May-2021 21:32:18 by 5p1ders

777havoc

777havoc

Posts: 1,031 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
5p1ders said :

Apparently Azzanadra got deceived by Zaros. And tried to close that tear. Thereby absorbing dark energy in the process leading to his ascension. Zaros went off to somewhere with no regard for the potential ramification of leaving a tear open that connects Gielinor to Erebus (?)

Anyways, color me surprised. Zaros only cares about his endgame and is opportunistic in his relationships.

This sums up all interactions with Zaros, he is vain, entitled, and selfish. He only ever thinks about himself and everyone else are little more than tools to him. He sees Elder Godhood as his birthright and the Elder Tools as his birthright as well. And last but not least, he creates messes and leaves them for others to clean up, not caring who he hurts in the process as was the case with Raksha and with the Monolith.

28-Jun-2021 09:33:04 - Last edited on 28-Jun-2021 09:34:32 by 777havoc

Quick find code: 341-342-883-66216568 Back to Top