Forums

Guthix's ressurection ?

Quick find code: 341-342-855-65976598

Max Seven
May Member 2022

Max Seven

Posts: 118 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
so as a see that Mah is dead completely but Guthix is dead but still in his chambers/ altar. and how Jagex likes to have runescape deal with parts of our world's past in real life, will Guthix be brought back with the help of the player thru divination as a quest requirement , a resemblance to Jesus and how he did.

30-Dec-2017 20:52:32

Marine Doge

Marine Doge

Posts: 1,213 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Divine beings can't be brought back, end of story. Mahjarrat could maybe be sorta cloned using their gemstone and craploads of divine energy but they wouldn't have all their memories or abilities probably, so you could hardly count it anyways. Mods pls notice me

30-Dec-2017 22:05:34

Deltaslug

Deltaslug

Posts: 32,671 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Jmod developers have stated countless times they are not bringing back gods that die.

So Guthix, V, Bandos, Skagroth, Mah, Loarnab, (the god Bandos killed to ascend), and Tuska are D.E.A.D!!!!!
(well Tuska is "mostly dead" ... but even she can't be revived. )

Jagex isn't doing the "death is cheap" trope with the god characters.
no they won't bend the laws of time and space to allow you to do something either. (current group of developers effing hate the concept of time travel)

The player character is the only in game character that can't really "perma-die" and that's more due to a game mechanic to keep you in continuing to play (Rather than restarting from scratch)

In game lore states that when a mortal ascends to godhood (or a being is born a god), they lose what amounts to a soul ... thus they lose any potential chance at an afterlife.

No soul. Their body is turned to stone.
There is nothing to revive.

I'm sure you have a "But but they did X for so in so!"

No, divination cannot be used to bring a god back to life.

At best, it is just a few memories.
Even then ... the closest we've gotten is "The Memory" from Player Owned Ports which is the manifestation of Guthix's memories of his daughter (who even then is a seperate being with her own thoughts and memories now), a butterfly pet follower that is just a manifestation of Guthix's memories of butterflies, and "Willow" the Divination Pet which has a few memories of Guthix's Wife.

So we don't even get a complete being to resurrect, just a memory or 2 ... not the whole personality. So you might end up with a fragmented being that is just the manifestation of a single attribute of the God (like Seren's fragments in the Elven quest series that created the 'Dark Lord') or even something that is little more than a hollow shell that looks like the god, but has absolutely nothing in it and could never be the person it was (like an amnesiac) and 0 divine power.

31-Dec-2017 02:45:13

Uncle Pob

Uncle Pob

Posts: 2,962 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Why are so many people wanting to resurrect gods? What's the point?

If it's because you want to return to the past, then I would ask why not instead move forward? Even gods like Guthix have near-zero actual impact on the game world. They were written in to support quests and deepen the game's lore. Once their role and purpose is over, they can be safely disposed of.

The lore also tells us there is no limit to the number of gods who could possibly exist. An uncapped number of external realms exist from where gods could invade the world, and when there's only one person on the planet who could never be a god (you), with the ability to continually spawn new, interesting gods to support future plot lines, rather than shoehorn the existing gods into unusual situations, it becomes much much easier for Jagex to completely surprise us with twists, turns and unexpected arrivals.

If you want Guthix back, why Guthix? Why wouldn't "Big green god #2" be better? Guthix' role can be replicated easily, but why would you want an exact duplicate? Would it not be better for a god to have some of Guthix' qualities, but be different and unique, and more importantly someone new to get to know, thus interesting?

31-Dec-2017 22:44:33

Orcrist9
Oct Member 2015

Orcrist9

Posts: 7,183 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Uncle Pob said :
Why are so many people wanting to resurrect gods? What's the point?

If it's because you want to return to the past, then I would ask why not instead move forward? Even gods like Guthix have near-zero actual impact on the game world. They were written in to support quests and deepen the game's lore. Once their role and purpose is over, they can be safely disposed of.

The lore also tells us there is no limit to the number of gods who could possibly exist. An uncapped number of external realms exist from where gods could invade the world, and when there's only one person on the planet who could never be a god (you), with the ability to continually spawn new, interesting gods to support future plot lines, rather than shoehorn the existing gods into unusual situations, it becomes much much easier for Jagex to completely surprise us with twists, turns and unexpected arrivals.

If you want Guthix back, why Guthix? Why wouldn't "Big green god #2" be better? Guthix' role can be replicated easily, but why would you want an exact duplicate? Would it not be better for a god to have some of Guthix' qualities, but be different and unique, and more importantly someone new to get to know, thus interesting?

Why Guthix? Well, I would imagine people like Guthix, and not generic big green god #2 because it isn't Guthix. That's why Guthix. It's a personal choice. You may be fine with generic big green god #2, but that doesn't mean everyone else is. I don't care either way, though I do think Jagex backed themselves into a silly corner by determining that "gods" absolutely cannot have an afterlife. Retconning is kind of Jagex's thing.
Here, I'll give you this strawberry if you keep it a secret!

31-Dec-2017 23:43:25

Rensler
Mar Member 2020

Rensler

Posts: 668 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I think most people feel this way because they liked the idea of a true Neutral god in
Guthix
, whos death was a necessity and he himself accepted, his death was also handled magnificently with all the content and back story on him.

Bandos
could have been done and handled better instead of easily just being killed off, becoming a god of combat and strategy instead of brute who kills for sport, I have a whole concept for how WE2 I think should have played out if Bandos lost, humbling him and seeing mercy the first time in his life giving him great character development.

V
could have been handled much better as well, he discovered runecrafting and was basically the World Guardian as a god, being a hero god, could he really not have averted Tarshak somehow and became humanitys force against the gods and even standing in place of some of the ideals of Guthix. He could have fooled the Dragonkin so easily and outsmarted them for certain.

I do understand wanting to bring these Gods back but with Guthix's demise, everything was done perfectly with him. I just wish the other two could have been done the same way.
Supporter of
Saradomin
Armadyl
Tumeken
V

02-Jan-2018 09:31:17

Quick find code: 341-342-855-65976598 Back to Top