Forums

Wanna get into the lore.

Quick find code: 341-342-779-65954003

Mestro

Mestro

Posts: 4 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I've just recently started playing this game again and heard a lot of people having discussions around the lore. I totally want to get into it but I have no idea of where to start my lore reading adventure. Suggestions on where to start for one that only knows about the existence of the gods is what I'm asking for basically. Thanks in advance.

30-Sep-2017 21:47:53

Hazeel

Hazeel

Posts: 6,735 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The wiki is the most accessible source of lore, but can't always be trusted, so be wary about that. I suggest starting with emissaries because factions are huge in the 6th age and emissaries are an easy way to get a lot of lore at once.

From there, start doing some quests. You'll learn lore along the way, just remember that there's 5th age quests, where the Gods are not in the world, and 6th age quests where the Gods have returned. Something to consider when you see Saradomin in one quest and see his followers trying to find a way for him to return in the other.

Also, when it comes to factions, keep in mind that things aren't as black and white as they appear in lower level quests. If you're a Saradominist, expect to have disappointing moments as far as his moral choices go. If you're Zamorakian, expect to find out that Zamorak's a bit of a softhearted pushover sometimes.

Try setting a goal for yourself. Maybe completing a Master quest like Desert Treasure and then a Grand Master quest like While Guthix Sleeps and The World Wakes.
Runescape doesn't need a hero...it needs a villain. An all encompassing force of evil that will remain ever-threatening and use chaos to make the peoples of Gielinor tolerate each other, grow strong together, and fight side by side against this evil. I am that villain.

30-Sep-2017 21:54:16 - Last edited on 30-Sep-2017 21:55:16 by Hazeel

Swolllliosis

Swolllliosis

Posts: 161 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Basically the Elder Gods are the creators of the universe. They want to eat the cake we live that is still baking, right now. There are angry humanoid dragons that want to terrorize stuff, power-hungry gods that want to enslave everyone, and scary lich-sorcerers that want to do both.
Owner of the first 6th age church of Tumeken
| Twitter: @RSTemekel

01-Oct-2017 02:53:17

Gwyndolynn

Gwyndolynn

Posts: 1,317 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Swolllliosis said :
Basically the Elder Gods are the creators of the universe. They want to eat the cake we live that is still baking, right now. There are angry humanoid dragons that want to terrorize stuff, power-hungry gods that want to enslave everyone, and scary lich-sorcerers that want to do both.

Actually that sums it up fairly well...
REIGN OF JUDGES:
Title of Liberty

Minigame Autopsy V3
Wilderness Autopsy V1

01-Oct-2017 07:24:21

Sepulchre
Dec Member 2020

Sepulchre

Posts: 3,525 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Quests.

No, seriously. If you want to learn about the lore, your #1 resource is probably quests. The most obvious thing the community of this game fails to realize is that anybody can become very knowledgeable on the lore by simply NOT being a spacebar warrior.
A
World Guardian
must learn to find
Balance
in themselves.
Only then can they
Control
themselves and forge their own
Fate .

04-Oct-2017 19:29:54

Byzantinist

Byzantinist

Posts: 337 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Start with completing any available quests, construct a bookshelf in your house, gather as many books as you can and make yourself a nice cup of tea while lighting any 2006-graphics fireplace and put yourself in the chair when ready.

You can also attempt to explore the places those books are describing, and immerse yourself into a long history of Gielinor by reading them thoroughly; then, you might better imagine the things and people mentioned in them between your ears with eyes closed.

Alternatively you could read the RS wiki, though some things aren't up to date nor accurate.
Sometimes one must operate within the
shadows
to serve the
light
. For a man makes no noise over a good deed, but passes on to another as a vine to bear fruits again in season, in order that the world may ever be new.

13-Oct-2017 22:18:29

Quick find code: 341-342-779-65954003 Back to Top