Forums

Het

Quick find code: 341-342-767-65905040

Rondstat

Rondstat

Posts: 2,770 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Apparently he features in Menaphos. And, interestingly enough, he's a big muscular blue dude.

Does this mean that the Het pillar is coming with Menaphos alongside the Crondis pillar?
Does Het have some sort of human origin? Is Elidinis a blue dudette?
Is he something else entirely? His features are sort of angular, and he (maybe) has only three fingers (difficult to parse perspective).

The devs made no mention of him, but, in the Menaphos trailer, when they flashframe the 4 lesser Menaphite gods, the only unidentified figure (on the far left) has a false beard and a distinctive two-pronged headdress. In the promotional header (with all the characters), you see a blue fellow with the same headdress and beard.

Thoughts?

25-Apr-2017 18:30:20

Hguoh

Hguoh

Posts: 7,581 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
According to the Tumeken's Dream, the creation of Het occurred on the first day of the dream. Tumeken had set out to travel northwards through the desert, taking with him a waterskin filled with the River Elid's essence. As he traveled, Tumeken met many people. And he found that as he wandered further from the River Elid, the people grew weaker. He found himself pitying them and shared with them his waterskin.

However, he eventually crossed a mountain range at the northern border of the desert. And here he met a man. This man stood taller than all around him as he stood in the middle of what is assumed to be the Shantay Pass. He was muscular and olive-skinned, his very being radiating strength and heath.

Tumeken gave a shard of his being to the man lauding him as the strongest of men, and claiming that he would stand as an example to the people to take care of their own physical well-being. And so Het came to become a god.

Now, the myth obviously isn't 100% true. Based on Senlitens' pyramid and dialogue, the lesser desert gods existed prior to the Menaphite lands becoming desert, so a fair chunk of the story can be discounted. That being said, stories like these tend to begin with a grain of truth so it could very well be the case that Het was once human (though I contest your claim that his beard is fake).

However, I'd like to offer an alternative theory. The tale of Tumeken's Dream describes Het as, "standing stock in the middle of the pass, arms outstretched as if he alone were holding back the mountains," and appearing to be, "carved of the same stone as the rocks around him." And what do we see in the Shantay pass today? A sandstone gate split by an oddly placed pillar of sandstone blocks capped by wooden planks bridging the gap to the adjacent walls. What if Het was never a person, but was actually a large statue that originally stood where the pillar of sandstone bricks is now?

25-Apr-2017 19:02:22

Rondstat

Rondstat

Posts: 2,770 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Well, the historical fortress in that location at the passage (though it may also just refer to the duel arena) is Kharid Et. Et - Het. Stretching?

Maybe the name preceded the god?

Anyways, I dig the statue idea - very cool, very unique.

25-Apr-2017 19:12:02

AesirWarrior
Jan Member 2021

AesirWarrior

Posts: 1,060 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Summerleaf said :
Wait. Is that from today's livestream? I don't remember them confirming anything other than Crondis, and certainly don't remember anything about Het being blue.

Please give me the source so I can read!

Go to the front page and click the link to the Menaphos site
-
I have noticed your kind does tend to blindly stumble forward towards danger simply because it exists. What is your word for that?
- We call it being a hero.

25-Apr-2017 20:34:26

Summerleaf
Nov Member 2012

Summerleaf

Posts: 3,313 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
AesirWarrior said :
Summerleaf said :
Wait. Is that from today's livestream? I don't remember them confirming anything other than Crondis, and certainly don't remember anything about Het being blue.

Please give me the source so I can read!

Go to the front page and click the link to the Menaphos site

Omg... I feel so dumb. I just skimmed over it earlier.

thx

26-Apr-2017 00:03:26

Maiden China

Maiden China

Posts: 5,142 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Rensler said :
It Would be interesting if we found out the pharoh was Tumeken
when the arrow hits his facemask, you see (presumably) Amascut's face, meaning (to me) that either she is the pharaoh or the pharaoh is somehow under her control

but it would be, yes, he doesn't seem like the nicest chap though. Definitely not the 'I'll sacrifce myself so my people dont have to be treated like grabage/food in the zarosian empire' type
Carn

26-Apr-2017 03:39:52

Hguoh

Hguoh

Posts: 7,581 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Maiden China said :
Rensler said :
It Would be interesting if we found out the pharoh was Tumeken
when the arrow hits his facemask, you see (presumably) Amascut's face, meaning (to me) that either she is the pharaoh or the pharaoh is somehow under her control

but it would be, yes, he doesn't seem like the nicest chap though. Definitely not the 'I'll sacrifce myself so my people dont have to be treated like grabage/food in the zarosian empire' type

Given the green lines on his and his attendants' faces during the flashes and the similar lines on the minor desert god's faces when they appear, I'd say that it is heavily implied that they are all under Amascut's control (though perhaps not Apmekan unless she fell to Amascut again since we freed her senses).

Edit: Oh yeah. In support of my, 'Het was a statue,' idea, the blue guy in the promo image at the top of the Menaphos website (whom we are assuming is Het) has a few cracks or scratches on his skin. Not prominent, continuous lines like on the weird green people or rounded wrinkles like on the more elderly humans shown, but scattered miniscule imperfections like hairline fractures in stone (you can see these most notably on his shoulder and upper arm.

26-Apr-2017 04:08:38 - Last edited on 26-Apr-2017 04:16:46 by Hguoh

Penny Drakis

Penny Drakis

Posts: 789 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Is that Amascut front and center in that splash image, hover-handing the Kharid-ib? In a new outfit?

No wait, it looks sort of like her Lady Keli costume, but pinker? She's not wearing that silly kitty ear tiara and her hair is different. Maybe someone finally pointed out that she was wearing kitty ears. And maybe some sort of breastplate? And a golden gorget!

YAY NEW AMASCUT OUTFIT!!!!
Why do the other gods hardly ever change their outfits? Amascut does so in (almost) every quest. Amascut is the God-Empress of Fashionscape confirmed. Slay Queen, YAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSS!

Edit: The lady's silhouette matches Leela's silhouette in the characters page. How disappointing. OR IS IT?

Edit edit: well, her outfit does resemble Leela's current in game outfit. Hmmm. Why would Leela hover-hand the Kharid-ib like that, though?
Humility is self-destruction, pride is the destruction of all else. And He said, "
Let there be light.
"
And then there were none .

26-Apr-2017 05:13:31 - Last edited on 26-Apr-2017 05:27:46 by Penny Drakis

Quick find code: 341-342-767-65905040 Back to Top