Forums

Debate: Roland vs Syrus Thread is locked

Quick find code: 341-342-659-65866320

Syrus Coy
Jul Member 2013

Syrus Coy

Posts: 1,229 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
In this debate thread, the primary speakers are Roland and myself. Comments made will be ignored by us both as we will only focus on each other. Roland will be defending his Runescape ideals and his God, while I will be on the offense criticizing him. Who "won" after it is done will be up to the reader.

There will be a number of topics, each topic getting 3 posts from us each, replying to each other. I will begin the topic and Roland will end the topic with his final thoughts on this third post. Comments are asked respectfully to post only after the current topic is finished, regardless they will be ignored by us both. Keep any bickering minimal.

The goal is not to flame any one player or faction as a whole, but to have a real formal discussion on the current lore topic. For fun, Roland will be roleplaying as a (so-called) nobleman of Ardougne, while I will be the (bipolar) Camel Pope that I rightfully am.

Please do not comment until I and Roland do our first res spots.
~
The Camel Pope
~

*Supported Zamorak WE1, Armadyl WE2, Tuska WE3

03-Jan-2017 22:23:41

Roland Lyons
Mar Member 2014

Roland Lyons

Posts: 3,475 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I don't know why I agreed to this, res.

Unlike some people Syrus, I like to keep my promises.
I will protect Gielinor. Zaros has no love for its people.

-Saradomin, Polemarchos Autokrator

04-Jan-2017 00:43:19 - Last edited on 04-Jan-2017 01:46:27 by Roland Lyons

Hazeel

Hazeel

Posts: 6,735 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Summerleaf said :
Is this even allowed? Like, shouldn't you just take it to the DM's instead?

Good chance this thread is going to be shut down, so let's enjoy it while we can. Lorehounds, help me form a circle around these two and chant "Fight! Fight! Fight!" with me.
Runescape doesn't need a hero...it needs a villain. An all encompassing force of evil that will remain ever-threatening and use chaos to make the peoples of Gielinor tolerate each other, grow strong together, and fight side by side against this evil. I am that villain.

04-Jan-2017 02:02:21 - Last edited on 04-Jan-2017 09:30:48 by Hazeel

A Mad Hatter
Dec
fmod Member

A Mad Hatter

Forum Moderator Posts: 9,861 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hazeel said :
Summerleaf said :
Is this even allowed? Like, shouldn't you just take it to the DM's instead?

Good chance this thread is going to be shut down, so let's enjoy it while we can. Lorehounds, help me form a circle around this two and chant "Fight! Fight! Fight!" with me.

I'm not gonna lie, I'm a bit skeptical about how the other mods will view this just because of the whole bit about Syrus and Roland ignoring other posts....but what the hell, as long as nobody's doing anything incredibly retarded enough to draw unnecessary attention to it I'm willing to give it a chance and see where this goes. O_o
^+^ Antediluvian of the Draculesti Bloodline ^+^

^+^ If the Gods see fit to curse us with the Blood, then we shall raise ourselves above them ^+^

04-Jan-2017 04:41:03

Solanumtinkr

Solanumtinkr

Posts: 22,240 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Debating in game lore from the view point of characters and only be critiqued after by others is one of the strangest lore debating techniques I've ever heard, and I've been chewing it over ever since a few minutes after it was posted.. Now I'll just wait to see where this goes! The purpose of adventure is to shine light into dark places,
Poke monsters with a sharp stick, Then steal anything that isn't nailed down!
To the Manor Born QFC 185-186-367-65788716

04-Jan-2017 10:42:51

Quick find code: 341-342-659-65866320 Back to Top