Forums

Shadow anima and the eggs

Quick find code: 341-342-652-66238683

Leo Valein

Leo Valein

Posts: 72 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I really like Kerepac and felt awful about how Desperate Measures ended, so when Azzanadra's quest came around Kerepac and his work was on the top of my mind. When, in that quest, it was revealed that the elder gods need to touch their eggs in order for them to hatch, I had a thought. Can't we isolate the eggs from the gods by shrouding them in shadow anima, the same way Kerepac protected himself during Desperate Measures, rather than injecting it directly into the planet's anima stream to kill them (and consequently everything else)? Having watched the gods for months stalling and trying to devise a plan to deal with the eggs, I find it increasingly absurd that this possibility hasn't come up yet. I am now trying to convince myself that I'm overlooking something. Aside from Kerepac's generator being destroyed, is there anything that makes this unfeasible, or are all the powers of Gielinor having one big, collective brain fart?

09-Dec-2021 17:39:18

Hguoh

Hguoh

Posts: 7,581 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Kerapac's "protection" amounted to the elder gods needing to metaphorically nuke his lab from orbit if they wanted to deal with him. They enlisted the player partly because it would have been mildly inconvenient for them to do so and partly because they are judging us and guessed that we wouldn't like the secondary effects their resolution would cause.

Keep in mind, this was with a barrier already charged enough to kill most living things. In order for one to shield the eggs with shadow anima, you'd need much more shadow anima. And in order to do it before the elder gods interfered, you'd need to produce all that shadow anima far faster than Kerapac's machine could. Never mind the damage to the environment and life in the surrounding area with that much shadow anima present.

17-Dec-2021 17:36:28

Quick find code: 341-342-652-66238683 Back to Top