Forums

Elidinis is dead.

Quick find code: 341-342-641-65797874

iXavior

iXavior

Posts: 390 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Before you read on, this is all headcanon theory.

Elidinis is dead. She was not invited during Sliske's Grand Ascension (which took place in the 6th Age), despite being a god. Why didn't Sliske invite her or at least give her her own podium?

Here is what I think: something happened to her during the timeframe between the Desert series questline up to the point of Sliske's Ascension Ceremony.

Sliske invited Marimbo AND Seren, despite not knowing their current state or whether or not they were even on Gielinor. He assumed they were on Gielinor and invited them anyway. Why did he not Elidinis? Something must have happened to her causing Sliske not to invite her. Sliske obviously didn't invite her husband, Tumeken, because he and all the other Mahjarrat witnessed his death in person.

I don't believe Sliske was unaware of Seren's shattered state, her background with Zaros, or the fact she is an almighty tier 2 god, but he STILL invited her anyway probably assuming she was some average god in the ranks of Armadyl and Marimbo. Obviously since MPD is a predecessor quest of TLW, Seren was still shattered at the time. He must have not know of her shattered state. Why would Sliske leave a podium/send an invitation to Seren if he knew she was "dead" and not going to show up, like Tumken?

Did Sliske simply forget to invite Elidinis? I don't think this is the case. How can you remember to invite a monkey and cabbage god but not the mother of two arbiters of the afterlife?!

According to the recent Summer Summit survey, the desert quest series is to continue on in the 5th age. Whatever happened to Elidinis must have happened sometime shortly after Guthix died (or she died off-plane during the 5th age desert questline and we somehow all witnessed it, including Sliske, who is said to constantly stalk us from the Shadow Realm.)

OHH, and what about Amascut! She didn't get a podium too! Maybe beause she died during the 5th age Desert storyline?

Discuss
I worship Mah, for she is mah homegirl! The correct adjective for Mah's followers are: Mahomies, Mah-homeboys, or Mah-homegirls.

01-Jun-2016 10:17:17 - Last edited on 01-Jun-2016 10:27:30 by iXavior

Aquamancer
May Member 2011

Aquamancer

Posts: 2,047 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Possibly because Elidinis was not present on Gielinor in any shape and form to begin with. JMods have said themselves that they want to do something with Elidinis to flesh her out as more than "Tumeken's wife", so killing her offscreen does not seem to be the smartest of moves, development-wise.

Besides, Sliske did not invite a lot of other gods who were on Gielinor in the past and were alive during the quest, like V, the Karamjan God and Xau-Tak. Just because Sliske did not invite Elidinis to his ascension does not mean she is dead.

The desert gods were presumably not invited because Sliske didn't consider them important enough: the only reason why he invited Icthlarin seems to be because he has a bone to pick with him. As for why Amascut was not invited, it is likely because she is way too insane to be manipulated by Sliske: however, the reason for that is not that she is dead due to something that happened during the Fifth Age, as the 2015 Halloween event canonically took place during the Sixth Age, and featured Amascut alive. This also means that the Desert questline's finale will either leave Amascut insane, or be moved to the Sixth Age to allow Amascut being cured.

My personal headcanon is that after Elidinis left Gielinor during the Fifth Age, she arrived on an arid world where people desperately needed water to survive, and as a river goddess, she has been maintaining the world and its people to this day.

01-Jun-2016 12:43:35

Wahisietel
Oct Member 2005

Wahisietel

Posts: 3,426 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Aquamancer said :
As for why Amascut was not invited, it is likely because she is way too insane to be manipulated by Sliske: however, the reason for that is not that she is dead due to something that happened during the Fifth Age, as the 2015 Halloween event canonically took place during the Sixth Age, and featured Amascut alive. This also means that the Desert questline's finale will either leave Amascut insane, or be moved to the Sixth Age to allow Amascut being cured.

Or it'll just be made non-canon. Nothing of value would be lost, and Nomad's Elegy already pretty much ignores it.
You never were our brightest star, Khazard. 'Vermin slaughtered like lambs'? What does that even mean?

01-Jun-2016 13:07:08

Autumn Elite

Autumn Elite

Posts: 3,487 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'd like to think she is trapped someone. That way when they do decide to use her, they can pitch a quest that is about some planet and focus on that during the advertising then have it as a surprise.

I wouldn't put too much stock in Sliske - it could be something as simple as targeting those he deems worthy or whatever. Seren was invited but he had to make it look like she was coming to Saradomin.

01-Jun-2016 21:35:07

Maiden China

Maiden China

Posts: 5,142 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Aquamancer said :
however, the reason for that is not that she is dead due to something that happened during the Fifth Age, as the 2015 Halloween event canonically took place during the Sixth Age, and featured Amascut alive.
in the same quest where sliske doesn't invite amascut, icthlarin talks about her being insane and hopes he can save her

Minus icthlarin, the desert god storyline isn't really a part of other events
Carn

02-Jun-2016 01:15:15 - Last edited on 02-Jun-2016 01:16:05 by Maiden China

Rondstat

Rondstat

Posts: 2,770 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The desert gods just aren't very important in the grand scheme of things (at least as far as the 6th Age is concerned). Icthlarin was invited solely because he was once Sliske's master, and Sliske wanted a chance to gloat. Similar to the reason Brassica was invited - to mock the other gods.

02-Jun-2016 03:12:41

Bonzara

Bonzara

Posts: 1,177 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I recall someone else on these forums suggesting that now that her husband is dead, Elidinis has left Gielinor, reinvented herself and is now the Queen of Ashes.

The problem with this theory is that many people believe the Queen of Ashes to be a demon, given her name and the fact that her cause is described as infernal.

However, Chthonians at least have the ability to fuse with other beings (usually by absorbing them). A merger on more equal terms might also be a possibility; I could see the Queen of Ashes being a fused dual being (similar to Firestorm from the DC comics) comprised of Elidinis and a Chthonian. Of course, that raises the question of how and why they would have fused in the first place (voluntarily, or involuntarily perhaps during the course of the same battle that killed her husband?)

That would be interesting for sure; two former enemies, Elidinis and a Zarosian Chthonian, being forced to share the same life.
Are you ready to enter the Mind of Rutha?

02-Jun-2016 04:32:33

Sepulchre
Dec Member 2020

Sepulchre

Posts: 3,525 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
No, canonically, if you pay attention during Missing, Presumed Death (as was pointed out already, I now see) Icthlarin mentions Amascut still being around.

As to why Elidinis didn't get an invitation.. Brassica got an invitation because Sliske knew he was around. Seren had a podium because part of his trick to get Saradomin there was to make him think Seren would be there. If Saradomin showed up and saw no podium for Seren he'd be like "Well she's not here. Kbai."
Back to the point. I think Sliske only invited Gods he had a plan for. It's possible he simply didn't have a plan to lure Elidinis there, or perhaps knew she wasn't back.
A
World Guardian
must learn to find
Balance
in themselves.
Only then can they
Control
themselves and forge their own
Fate .

02-Jun-2016 06:35:34

Quick find code: 341-342-641-65797874 Back to Top