Forums

Guardians or Godless (or both)

Quick find code: 341-342-630-65940240

Summerleaf
Nov Member 2012

Summerleaf

Posts: 3,313 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lore Forums have been a bit stale lately, so I thought I'd toss a quest(ion) out just for some variance.

Let's pretend that Unfinished Business comes and goes without a hitch, and all the 5th Age storylines are caught up to the 6th Age/finished...

Would you rather have a Guardian Quest, a quest that focused on the more minor Guardians in the 6th Age (Valluta, Juna, Ocellus, Fiara if still alive, basically any of them that isn't Death), possibly exploring Aeternam, or whatever else your mind can come up with.

-or-

A Godless Quest, exploring their base, meeting all of their leaders, learning about their various plans and philosophies, etc.

-or-

Something that incorporated both groups working together to stop the Queen of Ashes from burning her toast or w/e.

12-Aug-2017 00:20:23

Zulkir

Zulkir

Posts: 7,343 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Would the Godless and the Guardians work together? One group is against every single type of divine being and the other is still fiercely loyal not to mention altered by their divine being

I suppose Kara-Meir does have incredible bias towards Guthix, so I suppose it wouldn't be too farfetched.

I prefer option 3. More God content the better. Although I'd rather The Queen not be stopped so easily by a rag tag group of mourners and angry folk with picket signs. She can I assume literally burn them to ash rather easily, and I'm sure since Jagex still insist on letting players side with Sliske, that they may not be above allowing us to side with her in that hypothetical three sided conflict.
Zarosian Lorehound

Master Questcape Owner

Inconsistent Completionist

12-Aug-2017 21:07:34 - Last edited on 12-Aug-2017 21:09:26 by Zulkir

Quael
Jan Member 2018

Quael

Posts: 3,628 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Option 3. Godless would work together with the Guardians, who are helping maintain Guthix's teaching, and are trying to find time to secure his goal of a Mortal only world.
So I'd assume they'd work together.

The Guardians aren't gods, so I'd assume the Godless would be fine allying with them. I'd assume that some Guardian found time to help us, the world guardian to try and avoid the queen of ashes, or allow her to come in. The Godless were asked to help as they might have more information on her.
Duke of Fort Forinthry
Interested in role-play? check out: The Quest Collective

12-Aug-2017 21:36:42

Solanumtinkr

Solanumtinkr

Posts: 22,240 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I just don't see either happening at this rate. Can't both get together and exterminate the last of the Pests? Generic God No. 69 was going to use Pest stuff No. 42 and do bad bad things. So we go kill the source and end the threat once and for all. not this half baked lunacy. Then the Void Knights can come home. The purpose of adventure is to shine light into dark places,
Poke monsters with a sharp stick, Then steal anything that isn't nailed down!
To the Manor Born QFC 185-186-367-65788716

12-Aug-2017 21:50:17

Quael
Jan Member 2018

Quael

Posts: 3,628 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Solanumtinkr said :
I just don't see either happening at this rate. Can't both get together and exterminate the last of the Pests? Generic God No. 69 was going to use Pest stuff No. 42 and do bad bad things. So we go kill the source and end the threat once and for all. not this half baked lunacy. Then the Void Knights can come home.

I don't see it happening anytime soon either, but hopefully, soon enough.
Duke of Fort Forinthry
Interested in role-play? check out: The Quest Collective

13-Aug-2017 14:07:25

AesirWarrior
Jan Member 2021

AesirWarrior

Posts: 1,060 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'd place the Guardians at the top of my list if they decided to actually develop Erebus, but that idea was probably scrapped. If not that then Godless would be my top pick, with Queen of Ashes dead last. It's not because the Queen of Ashes is necessarily uninteresting, but because it's too early to focus on her over more integral parts of the games' lore. I can't remember what the trope is called but when writing a story, especially Fantasy, it's important to always have something unknown and mysterious, like say a tower far away. When the narrative finally brings you to it you need another one further away. Basically what I'm trying to say is that the Queen of Ashes is just a minor narrative hook at this point, a "tower" in the distance. As lorehounds we may want to get all the answers, but good stories never give it to you. There's always another mystery, and the QoA is in such an early stage that to spoil it now would be a shame.

The idea of Guardians and Godless teaming up in general seems pretty good. though. It's easier to introduce new characters by using old ones. However, at this point I think the godless deserve all the attention. They've earned it.
-
I have noticed your kind does tend to blindly stumble forward towards danger simply because it exists. What is your word for that?
- We call it being a hero.

13-Aug-2017 22:15:00 - Last edited on 13-Aug-2017 22:16:12 by AesirWarrior

Quick find code: 341-342-630-65940240 Back to Top