Forums

How old are the gods (+ else)?

Quick find code: 341-342-475-65823965

Reie
Apr Member 2023

Reie

Posts: 2,259 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I can't really seem to find an exact age for them. But does anyone know how old Saradomin, Zamorak, Guthix, Armadyl, Bandos, Seren, Zaros.

Other Entites: Skargaroth, Death, Sliske, Azzanadra, V, Tuska, Ebeb, + Jodudu Otoku.

18-Aug-2016 09:44:02

Maiden China

Maiden China

Posts: 5,142 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I dont imagine anyone knows an exact age

in order of oldness it would probably be
Pretty much all of the Dragonkin
Zaros and Seren (both probably nearly as old as this cycle)
Ebeb (the guy's name apparently means ancient, so... yeah... old)
Skargaroth (he seems like he's been active for a while by the time of Guthix's memories)
Tuska (much the same as skargoroth)
Saradomin (obviously a very old dude, but still fairly young as a god at the time of Guthix's memory)
Jodaduwatsisface (like, get a real name already, I don't care if you're dead, just do it)
Guthix (might be older than Saradomin as a being, but definitely younger as a god)
Azzanadra (based on my possibly incorrect idea of him being one of the first Mahjarrat)
Bandos
Armadyl (he seems young as a god)
Sliske (I dont know where to put him but he's almost certainly older than Gielinor)
Death (as in Gielinor's Death, Harold, who would have become Death a few decades after Guthix brought humans to Gielinor)
Zamorak (to me, as a Mahjarrat, he seems one of the younger ones.. not of the current batch, but no-one seems to have cared what he thought when Icthlarin came to them for help so he was probably fairly young)
V (he's a fremmenik, how old can the idea of fremmeniks even be?)
Carn

18-Aug-2016 10:08:09 - Last edited on 18-Aug-2016 10:17:35 by Maiden China

Reie
Apr Member 2023

Reie

Posts: 2,259 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
V is pretty old though... I think he began his Godhood before Zamorak did. As he was around in the First or Second Age. So sometime in the First Age he began the first steps to godhood.

As far as I know of predicting where Jagex is going with this we'll learn about a few of the gods that hail from the Eastern Lands as Ebeb + Jodoku.

18-Aug-2016 11:14:16

Maiden China

Maiden China

Posts: 5,142 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Reie said :
V is pretty old though... I think he began his Godhood before Zamorak did. As he was around in the First or Second Age. So sometime in the First Age he began the first steps to godhood.
I guess you're right about that.. I dont know much about that whole thing Reie said :
As far as I know of predicting where Jagex is going with this we'll learn about a few of the gods that hail from the Eastern Lands as Ebeb + Jodoku.
I didnt think any gods came from there... ebeb and ... Jed... were on Bandos's homeworld and it's unlikely they ever had anything to do with gielinor Sepulchre said :
I feel like we've been over this before recently...
I don't remember that, sorry
Carn

18-Aug-2016 13:23:28

AesirWarrior
Jan Member 2021

AesirWarrior

Posts: 1,060 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
We know Saradomin, Tuska, Skargaroth and Guthix were all active before the first age so 12'000 +for all those four. Saradomin is probably considerably older than Tuska and Guthix, and I bet Guthix is older than Tuska. Skargaroth is hard to tell, but I'm gonna guess he'd lived for a few centuries already.

Death is probably just under 12000, being the first being to die on Gielinor (of old age according to the stained glass in his office.)

Zaros and Seren... Emmm, when Zaros says "eons" do you think he means it as in billions of years, or just "a really long time"? Either way, they're really old.

Elder gods are impossible to say. I'm gonna say they're probably billions of years old, maybe even trillions, but that seems like a stretch.

If they're roughly as old as Lucien then Zamorak, Lucien, Sliske and Azzanadra would be around 7 500 years old (Lucien's age according to Top Trumps). That's a big IF though. I'm going to say Azzanadra and Zamorak are probably older than Lucien.

V would probably be around ~8000 years old I believe.(All the ages are 12k years in total, but seeing as V was probably born in the late 1st or early second I removed the 4k years that comprise the 1st age). We don't know whether he was born in the early first or late second age though.

Bandos... Well we know he came to Gielinor in the second age, so that's 6-8k years. We also know that he had established himself on Yu'Biusk before coming to Gielinor, and I believe he essentially built their technology and civilization from scratch, which would take a lot of time. He also bred a lot of new races.

Jododu Otoku... It takes a while for legends to form, and who know how long he held those asteroids in orbit. My highest estimate would be that he's older than life on Bandos' planet and that it's thanks to him that its managed to survive, but that seems unlikely. The only thing we know for certain is that he and Ebeb were much older than Bandos.
-
I have noticed your kind does tend to blindly stumble forward towards danger simply because it exists. What is your word for that?
- We call it being a hero.

18-Aug-2016 16:56:18 - Last edited on 18-Aug-2016 16:59:50 by AesirWarrior

AesirWarrior
Jan Member 2021

AesirWarrior

I don't think Armadyl ascended long before he arrived in the second age so I'd say he's around 6-8k +

Anyway, seeing as top trumps has the ages of a few characters, here's the ages of some other, but not godly, characters. Be warned that some of it is highly debatable. It list Zilyana's age as 2 500 years old for instance, which is impossible as she was at Annakarl in 3100, meaning she has to be over 3069 years old. However, I suppose it's possible that it doesn't count the time she spent frozen.

- The Chaos Elemental is 12k years old , meaning he'd be born in the year 169 of the 1st age (assuming it's not rounded up or down)
- Nomad was 75 years old , which would put his birth at the year 94 of the 5th age.
- The Thalassus is 1,450 years old , which would place its birth/creation around the year 719 in the fourth age.
- Tztok Jad is 150 years old , placing his birth at around the year 19 of the 5th age.
- Vanescula drakan is 6 900 years old , placing her birth at 1269 in the second age.
- Moia is 5800 years old , placing her birth around 2169 of the third age.
- Dharok is 3'600 years old , placing his birth around 2569 of the third age. If we add a couple of decades to that number we should have a good age for the Barrows Brother campaign. However, I suppose it is possible it only counts his time as a wight.
- The Corporeal Beast is 2,150 years old (well, technically it was "born" in 169, and that's the age of the incorporeal beast). This means it was born/created/popped into existence around the year 19 of the fourth age. This fits well with the old postbag answer that it's a manifestation of all the tormented souls who died in the wilderness. 19 years is probably enough time for souls to coalesce into a monster.
- Dragonkin are supposedly 18'000 years old , but IMO that seems far too young. That'd mean they were born 6'000 years before the first age.
-
I have noticed your kind does tend to blindly stumble forward towards danger simply because it exists. What is your word for that?

18-Aug-2016 17:29:01

Hazeel

Hazeel

Posts: 6,735 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I've beat this like a dead horse, but I really can't see Lucien as 7,500. That is INCREDIBLY young and just unrealistic...not to mention, I think the Dragonkin were at 18,000? There's no way of that can be canon.

And maybe this is just bias, but I have a difficult time seeing Moia as older than Khazard...and I could have sworn she said her mother was in the Fourth Age? But I could be wrong there.
Runescape doesn't need a hero...it needs a villain. An all encompassing force of evil that will remain ever-threatening and use chaos to make the peoples of Gielinor tolerate each other, grow strong together, and fight side by side against this evil. I am that villain.

18-Aug-2016 17:48:29 - Last edited on 18-Aug-2016 17:50:42 by Hazeel

AesirWarrior
Jan Member 2021

AesirWarrior

Hazeel said :
There's no way of that can be canon.

I'd say most of it is probably canon, seeing as they got jagex input while making them, but I'd place it at a lower "tier" of canon considering the source.

I agree that Dragonkin and Lucien are probably a bit too young though, and like I said previously Zilyana's age is flat out wrong.
-

18-Aug-2016 22:06:12

Hguoh

Hguoh

Posts: 7,581 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
AesirWarrior said :
- Vanescula drakan is 6 900 years old , placing her birth at 1269 in the second age.

I find that unlikely to be accurate. Memorium Crystal Z06 seems to indicate that Zaros found and united the Vampyres long before he arrived on Gielinor (early 2nd age).

And as Vanecula's parting words to the player at the end of River of Blood indicate her presence during an event on Vampyrium prior to the unification of the Vampyres, I find it doubtful that she was born during the 2nd age.

18-Aug-2016 22:22:08 - Last edited on 18-Aug-2016 22:23:38 by Hguoh

Quick find code: 341-342-475-65823965 Back to Top