Forums

Why show up now?

Quick find code: 341-342-428-65849116

A Mad Hatter
Dec
fmod Member

A Mad Hatter

Forum Moderator Posts: 9,861 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Rondstat said :
What is this two week event that everyone keeps talking about?

Long and short of it....

Playing the game on members servers (at least I think its members servers. Could be f2p for all I know) gives you some kind of ember that acts as a currency you can hand in to the burning nihil in Lumbridge crater by the bonfire. Said nihil is also a servant of the Queen of Ashes.
^+^ Antediluvian of the Draculesti Bloodline ^+^

^+^ If the Gods see fit to curse us with the Blood, then we shall raise ourselves above them ^+^

08-Nov-2016 02:24:04

Cthris
Dec Member 2023

Cthris

Posts: 5,206 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Monkeymaner said :
Why would the Queen of Ashes show her hand now? especially with an event that ends in two weeks (around the same time that Children of Mah might come out) and with an npc tied to zaros?

Ingame reason is that last year the QoA noticed the bonfire, but presumably, for whatever reason, she was too late to act. So she spent the year (idk if thats all she did all year :P , but at least some of the year was in preparation) preparing incase the bonfire came back. It did. This time she was prepared and sent out a minion....

08-Nov-2016 02:27:44

iXavior

iXavior

Posts: 390 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Rondstat said :

Look up "Fallen Nihil" on the unofficial rs wikia for more info.
I worship Mah, for she is mah homegirl! The correct adjective for Mah's followers are: Mahomies, Mah-homeboys, or Mah-homegirls.

08-Nov-2016 02:40:36

Kemtros
Aug Member 2022

Kemtros

Posts: 5,407 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hero's Welcome made me far more interested in the Queen of Ashes and Xau-Tak, and this made me even more excited, so I'm glad to see a bit more teases for the Queen of Ashes.

The Queen does seem to the type to believe that she's actually helping, so she likely wouldn't be too afraid to involve herself. If there's another Celebration of Fire next year, then we might get further lore on her. For now, the Fallen Nihil seems meant only to analyze Gielinor's current state, and then report to her.

It sounds like the event will end the day after Children of Mah is released. I think this might be similar to how The Bird and the Beast informed us of Fossil, so that an NPC would be tied to one of the main characters, so the tie to Zaros is probably just to have someone who would fit in with that quest being the focus of this month.

08-Nov-2016 15:22:33

Uncle Harper
Jul Member 2015

Uncle Harper

Posts: 396 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This may have some tie-in to Children of Mah and later Sliske's endgame. The Nihil may make an appearance since he is from freneaske. Maybe we will also get a glimpse of QoA. Or maybe shes just Sliskes master. I have seen the dark universe yawning, where the black planets roll without aim;
Where they roll in their horror unheeded, without knowledge or lustre or name.

08-Nov-2016 15:26:11

Zack3

Zack3

Posts: 1,644 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
A Mad Hatter said :
Rondstat said :

Long and short of it....

Playing the game on members servers (at least I think its members servers. Could be f2p for all I know) gives you some kind of ember that acts as a currency you can hand in to the burning nihil in Lumbridge crater by the bonfire. Said nihil is also a servant of the Queen of Ashes.

its f2p too :P

09-Nov-2016 18:01:08

Zack3

Zack3

Posts: 1,644 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
mangomanga22 said :
Just means no more waiting. We get to kill her off sooner than later.

Considering previous gods who died, I would say she will die as soon as she appears ingame, we only need to guess how many minutes she gets of life.

09-Nov-2016 18:06:25

Quick find code: 341-342-428-65849116 Back to Top