Forums

5th Age lore for New Players?

Quick find code: 341-342-425-66218218

Dark Barra
Feb Member 2022

Dark Barra

Posts: 1,347 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
*1st through 5th Age lore, not just 5th Age. sorry about the title*

My friend is really interested in RuneScape's lore but doesn't want to look up the lore on Wikis or fansites. She says she wants to learn it by playing the game.

Problem is, I have no idea where the lore is discovered. Which quests should be played? Which NPCs should be spoken to? Which books should be read? I've known the lore for so long that I literally can't remember where I first discovered it.

She's playing OSRS but OSRS doesn't have a lore forum, and almost all of that game's quests are also in the main game, so I thought I'd ask here.

I'm guessing these quests:

- Digsite
- Temple of Ikov
- Tears of Guthix
- Desert Treasure
- The Ghostly Robes miniquest
- Meeting History/Enchanted Key?

And these items:

- Goblin Book
- Crumbling Tome

So far, all she knows about the lore is that the people in Morytania seem to like Zamorak, while most of the human lands are Saradominist, and some druids seem to like Guthix.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

07-Jun-2021 11:57:54 - Last edited on 27-Jun-2021 23:09:28 by Dark Barra

Androme

Androme

Posts: 6,474 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
https://runescape.wiki/w/List_of_quests_by_age

This might be a good starting point. And also do tell her that reading on the Wiki is unavoidable. My account is 16 years old, and yet I read on the Wiki all the time.

Also, just like the Cataclysm expansion threw WoW chronology out of order, the nature of quest requirements and division between fifth/sixth age makes RuneScape chronology weird aswell. Some inconsistencies is unavoidable.

07-Jun-2021 12:44:26

Quick find code: 341-342-425-66218218 Back to Top