Forums

Tumeken/Guthix's humans

Quick find code: 341-342-332-65915295

Swolllliosis

Swolllliosis

Posts: 161 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Where did Guthix and Tumeken's humans come from? Lore states that they brought them from somewhere off Gielinor.

All humans are said to have originated from Teragard, but they didn't start colonizing other planets until Saradomin ascended to Godhood, took dominance over Terragard, and sent them out throughout the cosmos using his divine powers.

We know that Saradomin came to Naragun once to try and stop Tuska and get the Naragi race to worship him. Skargaroth killed Guthix's family, and Guthix ascended to Godhood later on. This makes Saradomin older of a god than Guthix.

However, in TWW, Guthix stated that he brought humans from an unknown plane that had no idea what Gods were - not even Saradomin.

"I chose tribes who had no concept of gods, and I brought them to Gielinor, to live uninfluenced lives while I retained the balance... ...They should not have been living beneath me, serving me. I wanted them to be free, balanced, to make their own decisions."

Anyone care to explain? :D
Owner of the first 6th age church of Tumeken
| Twitter: @RSTemekel

27-May-2017 04:04:18

Aeldari

Aeldari

Posts: 57 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Things do seem a bit hazy here, I wonder if Saradomin moved humans about right away or did he return later? It would help clear things up if we knew more about how Saradomin traveled to other realms and when. Did the Crown allow him to simply open up portals at a whim? How long did it take Saradomin to adjust to his new found powers and how long did it take for him to realize what he could do? If we had the answers to these questions we should be able to learn the time line of events that led up to Naragun.
~Lore Hound~
/~Enticed Clan~

27-May-2017 04:54:07

Summerleaf
Nov Member 2012

Summerleaf

Posts: 3,313 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Saradomin is obviously several centuries or millennia older than Guthix. The humans that Guthix discovered must have gone quite some time without gods.

Humans were described by Osborne some time ago as "the rats of the universe", because they're everywhere...

Some evolved into other races, some kept their human-ness, some forgot that Gods existed, etc.

Makes perfect sense to me.

@ Aeldari, they used the Schism, not the crown, to travel between worlds.

27-May-2017 05:11:21 - Last edited on 27-May-2017 05:12:48 by Summerleaf

Aeldari

Aeldari

Summerleaf said :
Saradomin is obviously several centuries or millennia older than Guthix. The humans that Guthix discovered must have gone quite some time without gods.

Humans were described by Osborne some time ago as "the rats of the universe", because they're everywhere...

Some evolved into other races, some kept their human-ness, some forgot that Gods existed, etc.

Makes perfect sense to me.

@ Aeldari, they used the Schism, not the crown, to travel between worlds.

Of course, the schism completely slipped my mind, that covers that then. I do disagree that you say humans would have simply forgotten Gods, I mean Guthix tried that and slept for thousands of years and they still remembered him, still continued to worship and revere him even.

If the people of Teragard were witness to the power of Saradomin I do not think they would forget.
~Lore Hound~
/~Enticed Clan~

27-May-2017 05:20:06

Summerleaf
Nov Member 2012

Summerleaf

Posts: 3,313 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
They could have been one of the earliest groups sent through, then. So they may not have known that Saradomin was, in fact, a God.

Again, diversity is a thing. Using the Druid's as an example is poor sampling, as it is literally only one group.

Add enough in (hundreds by the looks of it), you're statistically going to find at least one who may have forgotten divinity, if they were exposed to it, especially over aeons.

27-May-2017 05:26:18

Aeldari

Aeldari

Summerleaf said :
They could have been one of the earliest groups sent through, then. So they may not have known that Saradomin was, in fact, a God.

Again, diversity is a thing. Using the Druid's as an example is poor sampling, as it is literally only one group.

Add enough in (hundreds by the looks of it), you're statistically going to find at least one who may have forgotten divinity, if they were exposed to it, especially over aeons.
The druids were not the only one to remember Guthix, the Gnomes and Dwarves did as well. A clear example of this would be in the Azadaran document. A key feature of frustration for Guthix was that as much as he tried, he was not forgotten.

I'm not saying it is impossible but extremely unlikely.
~Lore Hound~
/~Enticed Clan~

27-May-2017 05:37:51

Rifleavenger
May Member 2022

Rifleavenger

Posts: 1,381 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Aeldari said :
Of course, the schism completely slipped my mind, that covers that then. I do disagree that you say humans would have simply forgotten Gods, I mean Guthix tried that and slept for thousands of years and they still remembered him, still continued to worship and revere him even.
Wait, does this mean that Guthix betrayed his own philosophy by introducing himself to an atheist culture?

If he felt he had to, because Gielinor was so much better, why wasn't he more subtle about it? Pretend to be a mortal until the task was done?

27-May-2017 06:32:42 - Last edited on 27-May-2017 06:32:57 by Rifleavenger

Marine Doge

Marine Doge

Posts: 1,213 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Humans colonized other worlds before Saradomin ascended, I recall Jagex saying that in a podcast or Q&A at one point, retconning their previous statement that Saradomin had them colonize, though he no doubt introduced them to even more worlds once he ascended (I'll try to find the statement somewhere, or I might just tweet at a mod -shrug-). I imagine they just hopped into the Schism because of humanity's tendency towards exploration and their curiosity, and colonized some worlds before Saradomin ascended. Mods pls notice me

27-May-2017 19:31:33 - Last edited on 27-May-2017 19:34:25 by Marine Doge

Quick find code: 341-342-332-65915295 Back to Top