Forums

God(s) of the East

Quick find code: 341-342-292-65876534

Summerleaf
Nov Member 2012

Summerleaf

Posts: 3,313 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ok, so it has been established that in the east, there are no Gods, and we have been told that they "have no interest in the East".

It has also been established that the Anima in the east is uniquely powerful, abundant, and alive somehow (in that it creates sea monsters, and summoned Chi Lions, and other beasts to assist in the final "Guardian's of the World" voyage).

Orokami and Bakami translated mean "foolish god," and a few other variants, and this quote from the partner during the first Trio Mission to kill Quin (which I *finally* just accessed, which lead me to make this thread):

So, what are you guys' theories?

Mine is super basic in that once upon a time there was a God (or Gods) in this area, but at some point (presumably the God Wars?) they sacrificed themselves, splitting into lots of tiny spirits. However, their conscious still lives on in the area, protecting it (or trying to with limited success) from malevolent forces.

Lemme know what you think!

03-Feb-2017 00:47:56

DMMetalaane

DMMetalaane

Posts: 2,905 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
Kami-shima is an island in The Shield area of the Wushanko Isles. It is unlocked after the final trio voyage between the Tengu, the Exile, and the Memory, and was the location where Davosi had been creating a second Scarecrow to use against the world guardian.

The island was kept secret and well-hidden by the Tengu due to its extremely high levels of magic and anima, which causes it to be the source of the various sea monsters, which are also created from anima. It also acts as the centre force of an energy barrier similar to the Edicts of Guthix which protects the Eastern Lands from the influence of the gods .

During the Guardians of the World missions, the island is described to "come alive" and created shi-guardian lions, known from Gu folklore, to assist the trio in defeating Davosi and his employees, who wished to drain its energy to power the new Scarecrow.

Now what made this to be so...is in question and there's no information on that. You'll just have to wait and see.
Save yourself.
Savior self.

06-Feb-2017 08:57:40

Mod Matthe

Mod Matthe

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
Summerleaf said :
Ok, so it has been established that in the east, there are no Gods, and we have been told that they "have no interest in the East".

It has also been established that the Anima in the east is uniquely powerful, abundant, and alive somehow (in that it creates sea monsters, and summoned Chi Lions, and other beasts to assist in the final "Guardian's of the World" voyage).

Orokami and Bakami translated mean "foolish god," and a few other variants, and this quote from the partner during the first Trio Mission to kill Quin (which I *finally* just accessed, which lead me to make this thread):

So, what are you guys' theories?

Mine is super basic in that once upon a time there was a God (or Gods) in this area, but at some point (presumably the God Wars?) they sacrificed themselves, splitting into lots of tiny spirits. However, their conscious still lives on in the area, protecting it (or trying to with limited success) from malevolent forces.

Lemme know what you think!

The word Kami is not usually translated as God, as in those real world faiths, who recognise them, see the Kami as rather more complicated in manifestation and role than Godhood would suggest. Not that this should effect your discussions directly but... :)
Mod MattHe | Former Community Manager, now in Events & occasional Lore Monkey

06-Feb-2017 10:56:46 - Last edited on 06-Feb-2017 11:02:31 by Mod Matthe

Deltaslug

Deltaslug

Posts: 32,671 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Let's see. We've had:
- various mortal species get elevated to "godhood"
- gods that have been in existence since before time (Elders)
- gods created as nothing more than toys and they are still among the most powerful beings in the universe
- a cabbage become a god
- a non-sentient pig become a god
- anima infused Rocks and organic matter with the power of a god (Vorago and Telos)

So, I don't think it's a stretch that an Island, while not sentient, or even "alive" in the strictest sense, could be acting as a God, even though it really isn't one.

06-Feb-2017 13:51:33

Vardan

Vardan

Posts: 1,237 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Maybe the Sixth Elder God is taking a nap there. Otherwise I'm not sure what would draw one of the young gods over there. Maybe the Horn?
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

07-Feb-2017 01:30:50

Summerleaf
Nov Member 2012

Summerleaf

Posts: 3,313 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Vardan said :
Maybe the Sixth Elder God is taking a nap there. Otherwise I'm not sure what would draw one of the young gods over there. Maybe the Horn?

I doubt it. I think Delta has the best concept going, so far.

NachtWeaver said :
The kami aren't gods. They are spirits.

Well obviously they are now. I was theorizing where they came from via a loose name translation. That was only a small part of the overall post, anyways.

07-Feb-2017 17:39:43

Iceman3317
Dec Member 2023

Iceman3317

Posts: 6,635 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
From what we know, all the Moais are connected via land, so it is probably something to do with the land itself.

If I am not mistaken, there was also a barrier, similar to the barrier Guthix created around the Eastern Lands that kept most godly power out.

The Elder Horn was hidden by Guthix and then Quin found it who was a played in one of the Eastern Land's storylines, but was then killed.

It doesn't take away reason that some type of sentient being was in contact with the Horn after Guthix hid and and Quin found it. We also know that the current where about is unknown.

As mention, it is very possible that the land itself also became a god. This being is probably who made the Eastern Lands and erected the barrier around the lands when the gods came to the world. It is possible that there is another God or Goddess as powerful as Guthix, Seren and Zaros is out there, but was banished from the world, but left the horn behind.

We know Marimbo became a Goddess because of the horn, if that is the case, it is very possible that Marimbo is from the Eastern Lands. Marimbo also killed the previous owner of the horn, the previous owner could have also been the one who possibly found the horn after the 'Grandowner' left the world.

We don't know much, but we do know that the Elder Horn was in the Eastern Lands for a very very long time and probably created a very powerful god/goddess and has the ability to create islands and possibly life. It also seems to indicate that Marimbo became a Goddess in the Eastern Lands and possibly brought all the monkeys over from the Eastern Lands. Which then lead to the corruption of many Gorillas who then became Jungle Horrors and Cave Horrors.

Guthix to Grandowner to Marimbo's siphon to Marimbo and then to Quin and is now in the lands of someone else. If I had to guess, the being who created the Eastern Lands is the opposite of Xau-Tak
Come the Sixth-Age, the world will need the World Guardian.

10-Feb-2017 11:45:39

Iceman3317
Dec Member 2023

Iceman3317

Posts: 6,635 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It is also possible that the god that died from drinking could have been this powerful god and when he died, released all of anima mundi. It is possible that it became a sentient being and established the barrier itself and some was absorbed by Marimbo, similar to the way Guthix's daughter was recreated by the divination energy. And when the energy was released, the Moai were created. Come the Sixth-Age, the world will need the World Guardian.

10-Feb-2017 11:49:31 - Last edited on 10-Feb-2017 11:50:54 by Iceman3317

Quick find code: 341-342-292-65876534 Back to Top