Forums

Buff Tele Block

Quick find code: 322-323-917-66275219

Jeremy Cheng
Aug Member 2013

Jeremy Cheng

Posts: 25,655 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Can we buff it by blocking the ability to enter the chaos altar with chaos talisman while teleblocked? I just watched sir pugger's video where a bot escapes him by entering the chaos altar even though it's teleblocked which doesn't make sense.

23-Feb-2023 02:19:43

Sk8r Dan Man
Feb Member 2013

Sk8r Dan Man

Posts: 374 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
He's not referring to either of the prayer Chaos altars in the wilderness. It's the Runecraft Chaos Altar that you'd think teleblock would prevent access too, because you teleport to another plane when you use it, but that's not the case.

I understand the concern, but you also have to consider the possibility of a legitimate player running to that altar for Runecraft. Should a mage with teleblock be able to stand there and stop anyone from entering? I'm inclined to think not.
However, teleblock does already prevent the use of teleport levers and things of that variety, so I can see some precedent for this sort of change.

23-Feb-2023 15:53:12

Zeffirino
Jan Member 2023

Zeffirino

Posts: 389 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I located the video on question, I stand corrected on my interpretation of your post :P

I agree that given the context of PvP it's a bit strange that one is able to do that and I'd be very much okay with the use of that being stopped.

Sk8r Dan Man said :

I understand the concern, but you also have to consider the possibility of a legitimate player running to that altar for Runecraft. Should a mage with teleblock be able to stand there and stop anyone from entering? I'm inclined to think not.
However, teleblock does already prevent the use of teleport levers and things of that variety, so I can see some precedent for this sort of change.

I'm on the same train of conclusion as well, it makes sense to block this given that other methods like levers are also blocked.

It's also worth noting that concessions are not made for any other type of skilling in the wildy either so I don't see a reason why it should be allowed. Particularly when you consider that runecrafters can also use the Abyss if need be which negates the risk significantly.

25-Feb-2023 05:45:03

Quick find code: 322-323-917-66275219 Back to Top