Forums

New Skill Idea: Enchanting

Quick find code: 322-323-795-66269304

Dr Lagsabit

Dr Lagsabit

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
My unoriginal idea is enchanting. I think this would be a safe thing to do, since it's been successfully implemented in other medieval rpg games like Elder Scrolls. Basically you can enchant armour, weapons, and tools. Imagine having level 50 enchanting and you could put an enchantment on a saw that gives it a 2% chance to use one less plank when constructing something. Or a watering can that has a 10% chance to not use a water amount. A hammer that grants a 3% xp bonus when smithing steel items, and as you level up highenough you could put an enchantment on it that grants bonus xp to anything skilled. So it lets low level players who can only smith steel enhance their ability, and higher level players who smith anything can also be rewarded. Armour and weapons are obvious: you could increase damage against certain creatures (or all creatures) or protection from certain elements. But I think where this skill shines is in its ability to enhance tools. Things like hammers, saws, chisels are very bland and basic, and I think being able to enchant them to be able to improve skilling methods would open up the game.

16-Dec-2022 17:46:54

Quick find code: 322-323-795-66269304 Back to Top