Forums

Aerial Fishing buff

Quick find code: 322-323-729-66287650

Jazzminn
Jul Member 2023

Jazzminn

Posts: 1 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Aerial Fishing at Lake Molch is easily one of my favorite hunter activities to do, but my god the xp rates are just abysmal. Starting at 18k fishing/26k hunter an hour and going all the way up to.. 62k fishing/82k hunter an hour at 99 Fishing/Hunter, Aerial Fishing is completely outclassed by nearly every other fishing/hunter training method, not least of all Drift Net Fishing, which provides easily double the xp rates for less effort and more profit (in the form of the caught fish.)

My suggestion is simple; Buff the XP rates from Aerial Fishing to be at least slightly close to other similar training methods, like Drift Net Fishing and Falconry.

Secondly, Molch Pearls. The catch rate of 1/100-1/75 for a single pearl (resulting in ~20 per hour, with perfect catching), is similarly abysmally slow. It's 100 pearls for a single Angler's Outfit piece, meaning, on average, 20 hours to get the full set.. or maybe 2-3 hours at Fishing Trawler. Not to mention the 100-150 pearls for each pearl fishing rod, and the 1000 needed for a fish sack.

Please, buff the pearl catch rate. Having Molch Pearls/Aerial Fishing be a viable alternative to Fishing Trawler for getting the Angler Outfit would be wonderful, as well as being able to get the fish sack in a slightly more sane amount of time.

Thank you for the consideration. I hope this oft-overlooked, but very enjoyable bit of content can be improved to the point where it doesn't feel like a waste of time.

22-Sep-2023 03:56:41

Klotho

Klotho

Posts: 191 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Aerial fishing is fine. The rates are easily 75k fishing/97k hunter (plus >20k cooking) at 99. Drift net fishing is the problem - I'm guessing Jagex didn't test it with the runelite plug-ins for that activity that negate the need for a working memory. I don't think people would get the rates that they do without runelite. It also consumes stamina potions and drift nets. Bird houses are also a problem (very high effective exp per hour for basically doing nothing, plus injecting a bunch of seeds into the game).

Aside from drift net and birdhouses, the more efficient hunter and fishing methods are a result of player innovation and require a bit more effort. 2-tick harpooning consumes crystal shards and black chins come with the risk of being PKd.

Aerial fishing is arguably pretty efficient for all kinds of level 3 iron accounts. I think it's good that these skills aren't trained the same way across every type of account build.

The pearls don't really do anything, I don't think it matters if they're hard to get. The rewards are mostly cosmetic, plus the outfit is already easy to get from trawler.

If you like the activity so much why do complain that it takes too long to be done with? If you enjoy it just do it.

22-Sep-2023 21:16:53

Quick find code: 322-323-729-66287650 Back to Top