Forums

Xp increase for non CB skills?

Quick find code: 322-323-623-66271041

II Snow II
Dec Member 2023

II Snow II

Posts: 46 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Skilling is totally lame and outdated, the only good profit ones are RC and Hunter for chins and fishing?, the rest are a not only tedious but barely profitable and boring, i could chop trees for 4 weeks and make 2m along with brain damage from boredom or do vorkath for one day and make 20m+ , skilling XP needs sped up .. 200 hours wood cutting from 75-99 , 200 HOURS .. its so bloody boring i would say that botting should be allowed on these skills. having someone present at there computer to click every minute or so is just pointless.. it is not game-play its mental torture and boring and you could keep your memberships running and get some stuff done in real life while the game does it for you and you still rake in membership payments win-win even at a higher membership rate for access to an auto skilling setting.
oh yeah not to mention construction , 200m cash in building and dismantling oak doors over and over again 70,000 times for the 99 .. like that is genuine bad game design there is no 2 ways about it.
there needs to be an XP increase or a built in automatic skilling option where you can set it up to run itself so you can do other things while NOT playing the game without having to be present to click once or twice every few minutes , clicking on a tree or a fishing spot 6 times a minute is not gameplay your paying membership to not play the game either way .. your not earning anything its not a challenge its just sheer garbage content.

04-Jan-2023 21:35:38

kanchazi

kanchazi

Posts: 3 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This is what they did to RS3 though, everyone became so lazy that they made it so easy to get xp, and made it pay to play ruined the game.
To get max level is meant to be a grind, let's not start ruining the game by making it too easy

05-Jan-2023 12:43:31

Rob Desktop
Dec Member 2023

Rob Desktop

Posts: 17 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This would ruin osrs for me. I can agree to the idea of making skills more fun, such as with Forestry update that is coming, GOTR, other minigames or training methods...

But just making it 'faster' doesn't improve the quality and reduces the sense of achievement for an end game account.

05-Jan-2023 13:11:13

II Snow II
Dec Member 2023

II Snow II

if sitting at your computer clicking on a tree every minute or 3 for 200 hours gives you satisfaction then im speechless, its like promoting obesity and laziness, id much prefer to leave my computer on doing it automatically while i go the gym or do some cleaning, or go to work.. coming home from work and chopping logs or fishing for half a year 4 hours a day is just mind boggling, i could not be bothered , its not engaging its awful.
PAYING membership to not play the game .. they should atleast triple the xp gain , there is no reason to level skilling , bosses are the way to make money .. skilling is totally pointless outside quest requirements.
plus the cost of electricity these days , my PC is 800W thats like almost 40pence an hour , times that by 200 hours for 99 woodcutting from 75 it would cost me a minimum of £80 in electric and 6 months or membership on top , your literal paying about 150 quid plus all your free time is spent chopping a tree and watching your character chop a tree.

05-Jan-2023 19:01:46 - Last edited on 05-Jan-2023 19:04:35 by II Snow II

Teridax
Aug Member 2023

Teridax

Posts: 3,499 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Wow OP it just sounds like RuneScape isn’t for you, can I recommend you try other games where you get your instant gratification? If you don’t want to work as hard as anyone else then don’t, and don’t suggest to make our game easier.

If you are that concerned about cost and paying too work on RuneScape then again it’s probably not for you and other games are out there

07-Jan-2023 14:00:49

II Snow II
Dec Member 2023

II Snow II

you class sitting at your pc clicking on a tree or a tightrope or a fishing spot.. as working hard?
its not hard whatsoever its monotony at its finest, i shouldnt have to spend 40 hours game time running in circles to get my agility up in order to take a boss shortcut, it should raise by running around and walking .. what im not getting fitter by running everywhere but walking in circles on a roof does wonders? its boring and time consuming, not difficult.. instant gratification comes from downing a boss .. sitting doing the same thing repeatedly for half a year and PAYING real money to do it is not difficult its a form of torture , like at school as a child you broke the rules you would be made to write the same line over and over as punishment.. runescape uses that as a way to level a skill, you have to be some kind of psycho to enjoy it.

07-Jan-2023 18:16:31

Zeffirino
Jan Member 2023

Zeffirino

Posts: 389 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I don't want to suggest that the game is not for you because clearly you care about it enough to be posting here on your raw feelings about it.

However, may I suggest that maybe you're looking at these skills as individual games as opposed to an economic tie-up that makes up what RuneScape is.

There's numerous things woodcutting for e.g can be used for besides mindlessly gaining xp such as fletching, firemaking or contributing to the economy.

I don't disagree with the general notion that skilling feels a bit devalued but imo that's due to boss tables dropping skilling resources to a point where it makes sense to PvM to obtain those items. PvM by default is what most players find engaging to begin with so it ends up making skilling feel devalued so I agree there.

I think Jagex is heading in the right direction with Old School though. Guardians of the Rift, Wintertodt etc are social minigames that give an alternative to the traditional methods.

However it shouldn't increase XP rates as that would reduce the sense of accomplishment.

10-Jan-2023 10:17:20

Quick find code: 322-323-623-66271041 Back to Top