Forums

Ranged Feet Slot

Quick find code: 322-323-593-66275418

Gunthler

Gunthler

Posts: 126 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Allow me to describe a current situation that I have found.

I decided to train Ranged to aid in quest boss fights.

There is a certain lack of equipment setup that is going on. I wear full Void knight with its ranger helm. Naturally, this leaves the feet slot, neck slot, and cape slot to fill. The problem is that there are massive
gaps with the feet slot.

Snakeskin boots at Level 30 Ranged are less than 500 GP.

The rare Ranger boots at Level 40 are sitting at approximately 40 million GP. That is understandable because they are a rare Treasure Trails reward. They always have been and they always will be. (This is not the precise problem).

Boots of brimstone at level 70 in Defence, Magic, and Ranged with 44 Slayer are viable, however I will point out that level 30 to level 70 is still a
huge
level gap. They still come at a price of approximately 470 thousand GP. This is the beginning of the problem.

Blessed dragonhide boots at level 70 Ranged is again, an alternative, yet hold a
huge
level gap. With them also being a Treasure Trails reward they do come at a price of aproximately 600-900 thousand gp. Again, Treasure Trails rewards are not going to change.

I am not going to factor in Shayzien armour because for obvious reasons it has a different purpose in a bigger picture.

The problem is that not only is there a big level gap in simply equipping better Ranged feet, but you can see above that due to the rarity of two pairs increases the price significantly.

I propose to have an addition of Ranged feet gear to be added. We are able to craft normal dragonhide, then why not have craftable feet slot gear to match it? If crafting them is out of question, then perhaps add rewards to the Ranging Guild tickets to "work for it" if the idea is to keep the gear for this slot at a tapered rarity.

My end point is:
bridge the gaps for newbies!

Thank you.

26-Feb-2023 00:57:56

Quick find code: 322-323-593-66275418 Back to Top