Forums

Raise minimum damage roll to 1

Quick find code: 322-323-565-66285655

Sei Asagiri
Nov Member 2019

Sei Asagiri

Posts: 439 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
There's been some discontent recently with the power level of Osmumten's Fang. Today, I was running to my smoke devil task and an idea came to me--hitting 0 is not always a failed accuracy check. You can just sometimes roll a 0 for damage after succeeding your to-hit check. To be blunt, this feels pretty bad! So what if we made it more intuitive AND slightly adjusted the meta at the same time, and make it so if you succeed in an accuracy roll, you always hit at least 1 damage?

What this would do: slight buff all non-fang weapons, a little bit more so the faster the weapon's attack speed is; slight buff the Dragon Warhammer, which is currently a little out of meta to bgs for most activities.

Things to note: this may disproportionally buff faster weapons like dragon knives or the toxic blowpipe. For the former, I think this is perfectly fine, as they're very expensive these days due in large part to bounty hunter. For the latter... well, it's been nerfed enough I think, and don't believe this would bring it back to being the OP powerhouse it was, though I would like to hear the thoughts on anyone who disagrees with this (only mathematical arguments accepted though).

If there's anything else important that you, dear readers, think I'm missing, I'd love to hear it!

22-Aug-2023 00:12:28 - Last edited on 09-Dec-2023 02:37:43 by Sei Asagiri

Tenebri
Jan Member 2015

Tenebri

Posts: 39,200 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Sei Asagiri said :
So what if we made it more intuitive AND slightly adjusted the meta at the same time, and make it so if you succeed in an accuracy roll, you always hit at least 1 damage?
!

this would change so much of the game, i know it sounds very small etc. but no this would have a huuuuuge impact
200m all RS3 on 7/3/19
1.2Billion overall Slayer xp / Ultimate slayer title

OSRS 2277/2277 Untrim slayer cape
Hail Satan, He loves for who you are.

22-Aug-2023 00:23:56

Sei Asagiri
Nov Member 2019

Sei Asagiri

Tenebri said :
Sei Asagiri said :
So what if we made it more intuitive AND slightly adjusted the meta at the same time, and make it so if you succeed in an accuracy roll, you always hit at least 1 damage?
!

this would change so much of the game, i know it sounds very small etc. but no this would have a huuuuuge impact

Yeah, and? Mathematically it's not actually a big dps increase. It may change the way we think about doing activities, but in practice it will not change much for high level content. Perhaps the change to lower level content is something I'm underestimating, but blowpipe and knives aren't suddenly going to be meta where they weren't before--at least not in anything important like raids or slayer bosses. Low accuracy is still low accuracy. (again though, if I'm running numbers wrong here and someone can give some equations that show it's a bad idea I'm all ears)

22-Aug-2023 00:33:34

Sei Asagiri
Nov Member 2019

Sei Asagiri

I don't know if Jagex came up with this idea on their own or if they read my post, but I'm so glad my idea is slated to enter the game now! Thanks Jagex. <3
Context, under the "Combat Item Adjustments" section: https://secure.runescape.com/m=news/a=97/c=BDYxlyfSswU/project-rebalance-overview-scythe--fang?oldschool=1

09-Dec-2023 02:32:11

Buzooka
Dec Member 2023

Buzooka

Posts: 447 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Interesting ideas. ¸•º´ˆ* ¸•*`˜*•¸ ¸•º......¸•³ ,...
-
..., ³•¸....... °•¸ ¸•*˜´*•¸ *ˆ`º•¸
*- ., ,.-˜.........¸›´-„¸¸„•`
-
´•„¸¸„- `‹¸ ........˜-., ,.-*

10-Dec-2023 20:54:31

Quick find code: 322-323-565-66285655 Back to Top