Forums

Save us

Quick find code: 322-323-50-66274866

Conturbator
Jan Member 2023

Conturbator

Posts: 7 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi, I have a very selfish suggestion not going to lie.

What is a genie lamp anywhay? To make a wish, right? Yes sure, it's XP based wish and that's perfect, but then how about, we can wish to remove XP?

Ofcourse I know and I understand there must be criteria met for this to avoid hiscore kicking and such, but how about the same as RS3's Nastroth?

Basically, when you get a lamp, you could chose either Gain or Remove XP and just like Antique lamp, when a requirement is not met you can't pick that skill to remove XP. Basically it would be Nastroth's requirement. (Skill above 5 are black and can't be chosed, etc, etc)

Because it's from lamp, not only it would avoid poeple abusing it but also tecnically if you remove XP you "waste a free XP lamp" so that sounds fair price to me. I'd guess the XP loss from lamp should be the same ratio as the gain so -10% of the skill level.

The whole point would is to give a 2nd chance for the ruined account like mine (unintentional XP gain). But with all these requirements and RNG to recieve a lamp it would avoid players to abuse from this (if that's an issue).

So yeah, selfish suggestion, but in the same time I am not the only one in that situation. Unintentional XP gain, one misclick, one mistep, one lagg, or one badluck as unfortunate as "I play mobile and my children touched my screen phone pressing the defense XP attack mode". No matter the reason, if the account was not meant to have that XP then it was most likely unintentional.

For all these reasons, save us.

(touching end, right?)

Thank you

17-Feb-2023 20:01:30

Conturbator
Jan Member 2023

Conturbator

Thanks for the support, even thou the odd are slime, I hope one day Jagex will comes with a solution to save ruined account like mine.

My story is quite unfortunate, but in the same time I strongly believe it is semi unavoidable. I am a mobile player only, because I don't have computer and the way to drop to drop an item is you have to press and hold the item to get to the drop option. Either it's a lagg or because my phone was dirty/damaged, as I tryed to hold an Abyssal Ashes to drop it, it acted as a simple click and consumed it.

There are ton of example like this that ruined accounts. A small update could grand lot of hope and possibily revive few accounts.

19-Feb-2023 00:34:03

Sir Codeman

Sir Codeman

Posts: 53 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I like your idea and support it. Gene lamps would be perfect for this because they aren't super common so over time any mistake could be reversed, but it doesn't allow you to fix your mistake quickly. It does make it possible over time Sir Codeman

21-Feb-2023 21:57:21

Conturbator
Jan Member 2023

Conturbator

That's a bit pessimistic, although understandable.

It is reasonable to say it's probably a minority of player that play specific game style accounts (pure). That being said, we can't disregard the fact that these type of account have grown in popularity drastically in the past years.

Well at least, I see anormous difference between now and back in 07. Indeed, it was almost taboo back then to be a skiller or a pure. Why would we deliberately restrict ourself? Level 3 with skillcape was categorized weirdo and it was possible to outvalue other players in PvP (Staking & Pk'ing). It went from complete ignorance, then as the time passed, more and more players adopted that playstyle for the benefits. Then later, we saw the unreadable name tendency because the playstyle was not only recognized but also feared so poeple were trying to hide their stats.

The game adapted to the tendency. Removing unreadable name, adding tools to look up players. The way of Pk'ing completely changed tossing away almost all "normal" account to "pure" account. The way of Staking also completely changed, players created new account without prayer. I went from barely seeing any skiller back in old days to encounter one every 10 minutes today.

Even if it's a minority, many aspects of the game evolved because of these specific game style accounts. They added Nastroth in RS3 to save "broken" pure account, they added 1 defense pure and skiller Hiscore in OSRS to give visibility to these account. Why would Runescape do this other than admitting and recognizing that WE have a voice in this game.

Am I being too optimist to think they will eventually add a content to save these accounts? Maybe, but I think it is realistic that they might add something.

27-Feb-2023 23:32:07

Quick find code: 322-323-50-66274866 Back to Top