Forums

Allowing member's perks in F2P

Quick find code: 322-323-431-66280368

Pika 111
May Member 2023

Pika 111

Posts: 62 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm not sure if there was a discussion on this topic before. I want to propose a feature that I think could enhance the gameplay experience for both members and f2p players.

Currently when members enter f2p worlds, they are limited to the f2p content only. However, I believe there's an opportunity to strike a balance by allowing members to use their items in designated members-only areas within f2p worlds.

Here's how I envision this feature working:

- Members would have the ability to enter member-only areas in f2p worlds, equip and use their members items in areas that are inaccessible to f2p players.

- Member items would be disabled or restricted from use in shared areas where f2p players are present to maintain fairness level of play. For example a dragon pickaxe wouldn't work in mining guild where f2p share the same area, but would work further south or in motherlode.

I believe this could provide a great compromise that would benefit both members and f2p and also Jagex. Here are some key benefits in my opinion:

1. Acts as a marketing tool. This will encourage membership by allowing members to showcase exclusive items without hopping between worlds and their ability to enter members-only areas. This advantage may entice f2p to consider upgrading to membership. It provides a glimpse of visible benefits and what they can unlock.

2. Attract new players. More members would be willing to play in f2p worlds. Their presence can create a dynamic and engaging environment. New players will be able to observe the exciting gameplay and interactions happening in those areas, potentially leading to an increase in new players joining the game.

3. Promoting long-term revenue. By allowing members more flexibility and a taste of the benefits and content available to them, it will encourage them to keep on subscribing!

4. Enhanced Progression. Members can continue to progress their skills while hanging out or mentoring f2p friends

20-May-2023 09:48:12

mastercast3r
Mar Member 2023

mastercast3r

Posts: 438 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The problem is actually a physical one. When jagex rents servers, the size of the program determines the amount of space on the server they rent. When they rent one for f2p, the size is considerably smaller, and thus cost considerably less. The contracts for the servers are fairly long term, so changing them would quite difficult and expensive. It is highly unlikely that all of them would end at the same time, meaning they could not do all the f2p worlds at the same time. It is also highly unlikely that all of the servers they rent would be able to handle the larger programming.

In addition, you were saying that member items would not be useable in f2p, so why would p2p players be in f2p areas? Sorry, but I do not see there being any of the suppose benefits you claim.

20-May-2023 17:19:27 - Last edited on 20-May-2023 17:21:54 by mastercast3r

mastercast3r
Mar Member 2023

mastercast3r

Posts: 438 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FuzzyPurp said :
i just want more members access on f2p.
There is no reason for it.

Honestly, I would love to be able to mine runite in f2p world where its not available, but I understand why it cant be.

20-May-2023 23:43:56 - Last edited on 20-May-2023 23:45:13 by mastercast3r

Zeffirino
Jan Member 2023

Zeffirino

Posts: 389 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I think encouraging new players is always a good thing to think about but I think a lot of the suggestions here are not really going to do that. P2p servers exist and the marketing behind them have enough visibility that the present f2p vs p2p server divide is fine.

22-May-2023 05:05:12

Quick find code: 322-323-431-66280368 Back to Top