Forums

Magic Sectures and flax

Quick find code: 322-323-341-66280526

GIM MeAHand
May Member 2023

GIM MeAHand

Posts: 25 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Should magic sectures give a chance to double the flax gathered or prevent plant destruction?
There are many more sustainable methods of gathering flax already, this would help bring manual labor back into viable strategies.

My thought is it will not harm the cost of flax, 3gp each.

24-May-2023 02:20:10

mastercast3r
Mar Member 2023

mastercast3r

Posts: 438 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
You are assuming that jagex wants players to gather resources rather than buying them from a store. Jmods have pretty much made it clear that all resources should either come from pvm drops or stores.

24-May-2023 03:22:10 - Last edited on 24-May-2023 03:23:00 by mastercast3r

GIM MeAHand
May Member 2023

GIM MeAHand

Posts: 25 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
If that was my assumption I wouldn't have posted and would have waited for the update.
I believe a majority of people utilize play styles that focus around PVM because that is where they find their enjoyment - so PVM based resource gathering has become meta for many reasons, not necessarily the JMods saying that is the must.

If they don't know people want the other content then you will continue to only see PVM drop updates.

Everyone is looking for their own "fast and easy", I like grabbing an inventory of flax every time i complete a lap of the seers course. This update would just not tank the xp/hr as much.

My internet connection does not support bossing, no matter the server I am on. Because of this I am forced to use gathering methods.

Also, New content needs to have "good" rewards so the company can show investors the player base likes the content they keep developing. I believe that is one of the reasons the resource creep keeps appearing in PVM. It provides a reason for players to do the content. This doesn't mean old content cannot and should not be revived or at least given a fighting chance.

24-May-2023 03:59:12

Quick find code: 322-323-341-66280526 Back to Top