Forums

Official Client Bows to Mobile

Quick find code: 322-323-230-66275192

ArmedPyscopa
Dec Member 2023

ArmedPyscopa

Posts: 5 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The official client needs some overhaul. If the view distance was changeable like it is on mobile or on RuneLite, that would be a tremendous quality of life improvement. But perhaps the biggest change to the official client I would like to see, if you made this change I would never touch RuneLite ever again, just make the classic fixed UI mode resizable! Don't let it stretch, but just let it scale up to a fullscreen 1920/1080 resolution. No one in 2023 is playing OSRS on a 6 inch wide pc screen lol.

Please let us full screen the classic UI and set the view distance to the limit mobile already has. Not expanding interaction distance! But simply the view distance. I don't even care about things like loot tracking, or highlighting squares for bosses/skilling areas. A lot of players are like me, that they would support the official client if they could just see further than 20 meters and fullscreen classic UI! Thanks a lot Old School team!
The cold of Wintertodt seeps into your bones...

22-Feb-2023 17:03:31

Sk8r Dan Man
Feb Member 2013

Sk8r Dan Man

Posts: 374 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Most of the client features that you see on mobile have already also been added to the official client on Steam, and this includes the ability to increase your view distance.

There also already exists a "classic resizable" option for the UI. I don't know if that's exactly what you are imagining though.
I know back in the RS2 days before HD was added I would actually just change my computer's resolution settings so that the RS client filled up the full window. If that's the sort of effect you're looking for, then maybe that's the best solution for you.

23-Feb-2023 16:11:10

Quick find code: 322-323-230-66275192 Back to Top