Forums

Buy your untrimmed cape back

Quick find code: 322-323-14-66274719

Skillzilla
May Member 2022

Skillzilla

Posts: 5 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Can we please poll the ability to get your first 99 cape untrimmed back. I accidentally trimmed my runecrafting cape and now am sad about it. We should all beable to have our first 99 cape untrimmed without being scared to lose it or the ability to buy it back untrimmed if we do.

15-Feb-2023 21:21:33

Sk8r Dan Man
Feb Member 2013

Sk8r Dan Man

Posts: 374 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm 100% in favor of polling the ability to keep our first 99s untrimmed without needing to exploit certain oversights to maintain them.

This has been brought up a few times in the past on their livestreams, but as I recall their answer was always that making such a change would only be able to apply to current and future untrimmed capes. There is no way to retroactively determine the first 99s of all of the players who currently only have trimmed capes, so it wouldn't be fair to them. The OSRS team's general stance has been that since they can't fairly offer this change for players with trimmed capes, they don't want to offer it for future untrimmed capes either.

So my question to you would be, do you think you would still be in favor of this change for current or future untrimmed capes, even though you would still not be able to get your untrimmed Runecraft cape back?
I'd like to think that this sort of change would still be able to pass a poll, even though the great many players who have already trimmed their capes would not be able to benefit from this change.

16-Feb-2023 09:07:42

Sk8r Dan Man
Feb Member 2013

Sk8r Dan Man

Posts: 374 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Unfortunately, it's not practical for the OSRS team to manually verify the untrimmed capes of every player who submits a screenshot. That's simply too much work, not to mention the fact that such images are easy to fake.
If they were to retroactively restore untrimmed capes, there would need to be an in-game record of your first 99, but that data doesn't exist currently.

24-Feb-2023 02:57:30

Quick find code: 322-323-14-66274719 Back to Top