Forums

OSRS Bond @ 8 mil each

Quick find code: 317-318-987-66283017

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Posts: 30,311 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Many players might have noticed OSRS Bond price has been hitting and hovering around the historical high of 8 mil gp each.

On one hand, high bond price will attract more players to pay Jagex real money and makes OSRS live a little longer. On the other hand, it may become too much for free players to stay in the game.

What do you think about OSRS bond at 8 mil per? Do you think it is too high or too low? Do you think it will go even higher?

To me, it seems more like it should go higher, and I may actually be not buying OSRS bond with OSRS gp, but that's ok when there are other options like RS3 and new Jagex games. At least, RS3 Bond and who knows maybe later other games too, can give us access to OSRS membership.

Edit: OSRS Bond has passed the unthinkable 10 mil gp barrier, hitting 10.2 mil gp just when we returned to the New Year 2024. Good luck grinding your gp if you need it to get free membership with OSRS Bonds.

03-Jul-2023 18:32:27 - Last edited on 05-Jan-2024 19:34:29 by Dilbert2001

Miu

Miu

Posts: 16,996 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Bond price correlates to membership demand. High membership demand causes increased bond demand. Summer time means more free time off. There's Desert Treasure 2 on the horizon, with Forestry Part 1 just released. People are excited. People are buying bonds so they have membership and coming back to play.

Hell, even updates like Necromancy in RS3 can influence bond price on OSRS because the membership is shared between games.

We'll probably see RS3 bond price increase even more as the Desert Treasure 2 release date of July 26 :)
Don't forget – RuneScape members get TWO free spins a day instead of the usual one!

04-Jul-2023 02:03:03

mastercast3r
Mar Member 2023

mastercast3r

Posts: 439 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I do not think it will make the game last longer as a large portion of the player get their gps from skilling and you can not buy bonds at low level from skilling any more. That means no new skillers coming on board unless they have high level pvmers paying the bonds for the new skiller accounts. Unless jagex boost the money you get from skilling the game will start losing players again.

04-Jul-2023 14:51:03 - Last edited on 04-Jul-2023 14:52:28 by mastercast3r

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

Miu said :
Bond price correlates to membership demand. High membership demand causes increased bond demand. Summer time means more free time off. There's Desert Treasure 2 on the horizon, with Forestry Part 1 just released. People are excited. People are buying bonds so they have membership and coming back to play.

Hell, even updates like Necromancy in RS3 can influence bond price on OSRS because the membership is shared between games.

We'll probably see RS3 bond price increase even more as the Desert Treasure 2 release date of July 26 :)

The fact that even you are so excited about OSRS member content but remains f2p fully illustrated even IF content like DT2 brings in some players, a lot of them will probably be f2p, not able to access such content, and of course don't mean a thing to OSRS bond price.

04-Jul-2023 16:33:28

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

First off, I don't use this account to play OSRS either.

Second, I am not talking about you, or me. I am talking about the fact that even when we are excited about whatever games, it doesn't mean we will buy bonds to become members.

I don't know anything about DT2 except Runious Powers are fully cancelled. I don't know if there is anything to be excited about DT2 because except a few players who have play tested it nobody knows thing about it. I can tell from my personal experience bond price is a factor in whenever I will renew my OSRS sub on my other accounts regardless of "exciting" content or not. Everybody please feel free for sharing your opinions.

04-Jul-2023 21:57:41

Dilbert2001
Jun Member 2006

Dilbert2001

mastercast3r said :
I do not think it will make the game last longer as a large portion of the player get their gps from skilling and you can not buy bonds at low level from skilling any more. That means no new skillers coming on board unless they have high level pvmers paying the bonds for the new skiller accounts. Unless jagex boost the money you get from skilling the game will start losing players again.

DT2 is clearly not much, if it is even, a piece of content that will excite skillers.

First, we will have to see if there will really be new pvmers buying bonds. We have to wait a couple of weeks.

Then if bonds shoots up to say 9 or 10 mil gp then perhaps skillers are more than screwed. If skillers are forced out of the game, maybe bonds will go back down.

However, there can also be the scenario that even pvmers aren't excited with the runious powerless DT2 and don't come, then bonds may drop again.

There is also a scenario that bond prices drops with DT2 release and some apologists will then say OSRS bond price has nothing to o with demand or players are paying real money. ;)

05-Jul-2023 00:58:15

mastercast3r
Mar Member 2023

mastercast3r

Posts: 439 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I would say it is more likely that a lot of pvmers are trying to buy levels so that when the new skill comes out they will be on the first page. The first few that have 99 in all other skills to get 99 in that new skill will be there until a new skill comes out. I do not think it has anything to do with DT2.

By the time the new skill comes out, there will be very few non pvmers in the game.

05-Jul-2023 05:05:06 - Last edited on 05-Jul-2023 05:06:49 by mastercast3r

Quick find code: 317-318-987-66283017 Back to Top